Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i start up my 86 bronco 302 FI in the mornings & put it in drive, it does not move for about 3-4 mins, reverse will work straight away, but drive or gear 1 or 2 will not take off straight away. i end up reving the car up a bit to hopefully build up pressure in the converter, then im off. transmission oil is at correct level, could a filter be blocked or is this something worse. once car is warm it never happens again all day.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I've never had a problem like that unless the fluid level was low so i would think you are due for another tranny.

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
The same thing happens in my '87 Dodge Ramcharger, when it's sat for days or weeks. It happens more severely when it's cold out. I just leave it in reverse for a couple seconds, and when I gas it, it will start moving slowly soon.

The fluid is fine in it also.. I'm not worrying about it.

I suppose it doesn't help that it's been right around -15 to -20 degrees C here..

You must be in the middle of your summer now? :popc1:

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
my E-300 does the same thing, but mine will do it in every gear from time to time. the level cheaks out but its nasty lookin. but i dumped a quart in there and it fixed the problem,(untell enough leaks out than the problem starts again than add another quart and good to go) it shows over full but i figured it won't hert it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts