I was changing the pos. battery cable and accidentally touched the hot cable to the wrong post on starter relay, now I have 0 electrical power. Ignition switch and fuse panel feed fuse? Where is it located?
Below is a pic of my 90. On that truck the positive from the battery goes to the right post, along with a bunch of other wires that distribute power to the rest of the truck. The only cable on the left post goes to the starter. The only wire on the small terminal in the middle brings power from the small circuit that includes the ignition switch.
What did the cable hit? I can't think of any electrical damage that would occur if you touched the pos cable to either of the other 2 posts. Sparks & a cranking starter seem like the most that would happen. A guess from here would be that one or more of that cluster of wires got away during the excitement of the cable touching something wrong. Or are on the wrong post. At least it's something that should be checked.
Why were you changing the pos cable? Whatever problem you had before may have failed completely if the pos cable hit ground. Like a weak neg connection at the frame or block.
If you don't find at those places, it seems like the next step would be to start with a 12v tester at the battery & work your way back. See where you lose power. Or ground. At one point I fried a little ground wire near the radiator support when the block ground failed. All the starter load tried to travel thru that little wire. Easy to find while it was glowing red & smoking. :imp A single bad location on the ground side can cause a lot of things to not run, & people seem to skip over the ground side.
At this point, don't change anymore parts until you test & pinpoint the issue. The more things that are changed, the greater the chance for multiple problems to occur. Bad new parts are all too common these days.
As for accidentally touching a hot cable to the wrong place, that's why they say that you should always disconnect the neg cable while doing this sort of work. No sense in playing "Operation" under the hood.
Yes always disconnect neg. cable but being distracted and in a hurry I forgot to connect pos to relay. I replaced the cable because after decades old the post connecter was in bad shape and I was replacing a bad 7 year old battery. I didn't realize that the pos cable got hung up on the terminal that has the bunch of cables, the motor started turning over and a few sparks. after connecting cables in right order no power so I thought I fried the relay, installed new one and still no power, like as if there was no battery connected. There is power going to relay.
Is there an inline fuse I could have blown?
Don't see a big rubber block and not sure what wire it should be connected to. I have looked up diagrams of fusible links and i think I found some coming off relay. Will this link be wrapped in insulation and have to be cut off for testing?