Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going over the wiring for past few hours and still no hazards. I have all four blinkers however, the blinker control arm doesn't stay up for the right turn signals. And when I turn on hazards I get nothing. I've checked wires for continuity, flashers, bulbs to no avail. I searched this forum and read something about a multi-function switch in the steeing column. Could that be my problem? How do I access it?

I just need hazards to ge through inspection due in 2 weeks.

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
How do you access these parts? You pull the steering wheel, and all the mounting bolts are accessible from the inside. Each part slides off the steering shaft. The first layer behind the wheel should be your horn ring, next should be the multi function (turn signal) lever, after should be the hazard switch itself.

The control arm not staying up for right turns makes me thing the little plastic ticker thing in there is either broken or too worn down to stay locked. Once you get the wheel off, you should see exactly what I'm talking about.

If you've ever worked on turn signal switches before, this is no different...other than all the crap you go through to get to it.

As BadassBronco said, the turn signal and hazards run off different flasher relays. You'd want to locate them under the dash near the top of the brake pedal and see which one isnt working as a possible replacement. Or, it could be just the switch itself has dirty contacts and needs to be cleaned.

Check the relay first, if thats no go, pull your steering wheel to fix your combo lever and check the switch too while you're in there.

Or.... you could move out of NJ to a state that doesnt require inspections. :toothless

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked the flashers they work but will replace anyways. Last night I pulled the steering will and I will try to clean the contacts. I noticed the hazard switch seems to be broken. You really have to tug on it to get it to move. Called Ford dealer about replacing switch, the damn thing cost $120.

I seem to have checked everything: wiring to fuse box, from box, bulbs, flashers, replaced plastic turn signal cam and still nothing. To boot I now have no turn signals at all. I'm pretty much convinced it the whole $120 turn signal/hazard switch.

Any more ideas before I shell out the cash?

You guys have been really helpful thusfar, keep up the good work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts