Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all

there is what looks like a coffee can on the right front fender in the engine compartment with what looks like two wires coming out of it.

any ideas?

thanks

:rockon

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
It's the charcoal filter and those are vacuum hoses not wires... What it does I'm not really sure....

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Weber said:
It's the charcoal filter and those are vacuum hoses not wires... What it does I'm not really sure....
No it's not, It's a vaccum resivour.

It's either the emissions vaccum resivour, the HVAC resivour or both.

(I dont know wich/both becouse my 86 pre dates it, and the 86 has 2 seperate resivours)

B

·
0 Posts
Gacknar said:
No it's not, It's a vaccum resivour.

It's either the emissions vaccum resivour, the HVAC resivour or both.

(I dont know wich/both becouse my 86 pre dates it, and the 86 has 2 seperate resivours)
Your all wrong! It's a Flanged Niblick. It's a special filter designed to remove the bad air from the manifold. Rumored to remove the fart dust from pesky gremlins while passing through the pixie dust for enhanced performance.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Blown said:
Your all wrong! It's a Flanged Niblick. It's a special filter designed to remove the bad air from the manifold. Rumored to remove the fart dust from pesky gremlins while passing through the pixie dust for enhanced performance.
Put the Crack pipe down. :wacko :histerica

B

·
0 Posts
OK, Vacume resevior I came down, know where I can get some more?

I took that off years ago, no emission testing here, backs up the emissions controlled by vacume.

There are funny squarish shaped things in the same area, think to capture fuel vapors.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Blown said:
There are funny squarish shaped things in the same area, think to capture fuel vapors.
That's the charcoal canister, but I thought it was mounted on the frame rail. At least thats where mine is.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
Great now I'm confused :shrug Oh well... So what your saying is if the coffee can is a vaccuum reservoir, then whats the other dealy next to it with the bigger hoses?

Ok, while I'm hijacking this thread, what can I remove off a fuel injected 302 that has to do with this emissions crap? Or should I search for that? :brownbag

·
sold
755 Posts
they are all wrong, it's a bomb!!! don't open your hood again, it might blow

B

·
0 Posts
You think ya got a free, spare can of coffee under the hood then bam! It's all over.

matt said:
they are all wrong, it's a bomb!!! don't open your hood again, it might blow

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
what about the round black ball on the passanger fender of an '85 351ho. looks like its connected to the tranny vaccum line...

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
So since my cruise control doesnt work I should refill the can with coffee and hope it doesnt explode?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
adrianspeeder said:
Top left corner for the round one on my 84.

Adrianspeeder
Yeah, whats that round ball for?

·
Registered
11 Posts
its your vac canister, for you cruise and a/c, the outer canister if for your pollution control, used for air pump that goes to cats to help them work

1 - 20 of 23 Posts