Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my A/C. on regular a/c it works fine, blows cold air. Once it is changed to max a/c the blower fan blows harder, but the air is not being cooled. I just would like to know where to start testing, as to switches, fuses, connections.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Are you saying the air gets warmer after you turn it on to Max A/C? Have you actually checked the temperature of the air coming out? If it's actually warmer, it could be a sign that it needs a recharge. Perhaps, it's fine enough to keep it somewhat cool when there's not alot of air being passed over the coils but when the airflow is increased, it's not enough to keep up. Does it seem to get cooler at around 2000rpm? Do you hear the clutch on the compressor cycle?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its works perfectly fine on normal a/c. once i switch it to Max a/c the air is not cooled whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
It sounds like something is causing your electric clutch on the compressor to shut off when you switch to Max. Sorry, I can't really help much more than that. I'm not good at long distance diagnosis. Hopefully Miesk or Sig will see this and chime in. DO you have your Haynes and/or Chiltons manuals?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts