Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This passed Saturday night "Bronco9235" {Billy}, and I went up towards West Palm Beach. We did a little bit of wheeling and I got High centered {Billy pulled me right out} and sunk my foot in the mud about a foot in a half deep but, thats not the whole story.

After we decided to leave, we were almost out of the place and here comes this cop flying across the street with his lights on and all.

We had seen him so we were not going anywhere. The cop asked us for our ID's, Billys, his cousin, Brian, my sons and mine....

He told us he could take us in for a felony because it was a construction site. I said that we knew it was a construction site and we were very careful not to knock any of their stakes over and all we were doing is just having a little bit of fun...

I asked him why was there a "No Tresspassing" Sign up and he said that common sense says that its private property and it does not belong to us.....I told him common sense told us we could enter when we did not see any signs up....

It coulda gotten alot more nasty then what it was. The whole thing is we are running out of places to wheel. {Legally}

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out of my system....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

P.S. Oh yeah and those priks at Corbett told me that it was closed for 4X4's and the following day I get my four wheeler mag and in the center was where they were having some kinda four wheeling event at Corbett....Pisses me off.....:banghead :banghead

·
Registered
5 Posts
man, i know exactly what you mean, there is a construction site right by my house, and i go and play in it, i have been told to leave. i dont really see it being a problem, there arent any signs posted, and im very careful not to mess anything important up.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
So did the A$$ (umm I mean cop) give you a ticket?

·
Registered
239 Posts
never had a cop give me trouble about being on private property or anything, although the only place i really ever do any mudding there is no signs ANYWHERE stating you can't be there, and also the trails have been there for well over 20 years... but we still are always waiting for the townships suburban to come barreling around the corner, and thats when we'd haul ass out the back exit and take off lol...

·
College User
2,023 Posts
You know I can relate to that. Cited twice so far, one is pending.... but on other news it worked out for you and that is good.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Now I could have swarn I replyed to this thread. Someone must have deleted it.

But if you where on private property and not supposed to be there you do deserve a ticket, or arrested or what ever the penalty is for that.

I was close to getting my truck impounded because I was on a trail I wasn't supposed to be on. Well Actually I wasn't on it yet. But I got caught locking my hubs when a cop drove by...OPPS. It was actually a Dog Mushing trail but no signs anywhere in sight. Just a hugh ass parking lot. But she explained to me it was a no no.

Oh and if you need places to wheel Find some trails. not a plot of dirt somewheres:)

·
College User
2,023 Posts
I agree with that, if you are on places you KNOW that are illegal you deserve the penalty, but if not then good luck. First ticket for those who dont know, vehicle parked about 15-20 feet off of trail not in it wheeling, second time broke down on the shoulder of a open named road.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
AC, why cant you wheel at corbit any more? i used to go there all the time.
never once had a problem. rangers always just waved and went on by.

you ever try out by holiday park in broward? griffen road just west of hwy27.
really muddy, gotta be careful, theres no bottom in some places out there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AC, why cant you wheel at corbit any more? i used to go there all the time.
never once had a problem. rangers always just waved and went on by.
corbett is closed till september. your only allowed to wheel there durring hunting season. camping is allowed on weekends but if you get caught on trails your in trouble.if anybody knows some good spots in west palm let me know every where i used to go is fenced off now or an empty housing development

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im with the above. If you were on private property [a construction site] without permission, and got a ticket, you deserved it. there are legal places to wheel, like the hump. which is legal. 2 weeks ago these guys came out to inform us it was legal to have trucks out there but no atv's on the dirt roads speeding.

thats all of us talking to the officer.

·
Administrator
22,845 Posts
corbett is closed till september. your only allowed to wheel there durring hunting season. camping is allowed on weekends but if you get caught on trails your in trouble.if anybody knows some good spots in west palm let me know every where i used to go is fenced off now or an empty housing development
and the winner for the OLDEST thread resurrection goes to....

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hey atleast they are learning. :thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts