Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bronco sat for 6 monthes. Tried to start it up but no power, so I assume it's the battery. Replace the battery. When I did I noticed my old battery cables were a bit corroded and wouldn't stay on battery tight, so I replaced those as well. Also, when changing the cables I broke a piece of off the (Electronic Control Unit?), or whatever that black piece is that the positive battery cable leads into, so I replaced that also.

So battery, cables, and electronic control unit? have been replaced. Still no power. Ideas?

Quick replies appreciated!

·
Registered
103 Posts
No lights ?
no horn ?
no interiors ?
no radio ?
no nothing ?

is there only (one ground) a cable with no smaller secondary wires coming off the battery connection (going to the fender or somewhere else) going to the block
how does your ground wire from battery to
"the block" look,all of it,
even whaaaaay under (cant see it) the motor mount.
(passngr right side ?)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes my battery cable runs down and connects underneath the motor. Everything there looks fine.

I guess I should specify that I didn't actually replace the whole negative battery cable, just the terminal head.

Im gonna work with you to have power within the next hour
and probably less.......
you in (on board) .....?
your trucks right there
you dont have anywhere to go ?

the new sig has nothing to do with you its just how i feel rigt now
the server didnt kick it in till this post

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your battery is brand new and carrying voltage ?
Your top post (side post) connections are clean (wire brush the surfaces) and in good condition ?
Your ground wire should be color black or blue, and go downfrom the ground post to the lower passenger sid of the engine block.
There should also be 1 or 2 secondary connections (thinner gauge wire(s) that run off to the fender or back into the light harness or both.
That connection (bolt at the bottom of block) may need to be cleaned thoroughly, nut and bolt removed terminal sanded and bolt hole cleaned out, bolt thread wire brushed screwing a same size thread tap into the block hole is the best way but you can do ok with steel wool wrapped on a peice of coat hanger.

Next is the positive side.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Forgive me for butting in :popc1: but i couldnt help but notice that you said you broke the ignition sullinoid mounted to the firewall. It almost sounds like you got the sullinoid hooked up backwards. That or the primary 12v lead that goes to the fuse block is not hooked up. And pray to whatever god you like that you didnt shred the fuselinks next to the battery. They are a :banghead to work on

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:

Had a buddy help to jump start me today. As I tried to turn the engine over there was a buzzing sound, obviously some sort of problem with the starter/starter relay or something like that. After trying over and over again I finally got it to catch and was atleast able to get it back home.

I now go back out and try to start a few times but just get that buzzing, and after not too long have no battery power left again.

Any new ideas? Why would this problem drain my battery so fast?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.