Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scratchhe Okay, well, my power steering was making a crapload of noise, so i took out the pump, removed the pulley, bought new one, pressed pulley on, got it all in the truck, and reconnected the two lines....

I have no power steering what so ever.

filled the fluid, and checked all connections.

I don't know. I kind of need it... 33s are hard to move w/out help. :cry

piggy backing on my own thread,.. my idle is somewhere between 2000 and 3000.

Throttle body cleaned with toothbrush, engine seafoamed, airbox cleaned, new 02 sensor, tps, iac, egr, timing just set recently to 10* (it was at 0*) doesn't seem like exhaust is clogged... I dunno

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
Did you run the engine before you refilled the power steering? If so, you probably killed the new pump. There is a warning with it to make sure you don't run it while dry. On the other hand, you may have gotten a bum pump.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, sure enough, I go back to Autozone (yes I know, but I didn't want to wait until next day for NAPA, I needed the truck tomorrow morning) and exchange my new pump for another new pump.

Funny thing, though, it looked considerably different. The first one was oily, so I just figured it was pre-oiled, which they are, but this time, there were caps in all the holes, where the first time there wasn't, and this time a shiney sticker...

So, I am guessing that someone bought one, went to their truck, quickly swapped with a bad one, and went back to the store, and said.. uh.. nevermind, don't want it.

Put the new, new one in... works perfect... Poops! how annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.