Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys so im new on here and i currently drive a 90 xlt with a 5.8 i bought it out of a guys back yard, had been sitting for 3 years. it had around 3k on a new motor, when he parked it. i bought it for $1600 and threw a battery and some fresh fuel in it and drove it home. i drove it as a daily driver for 6 months without having to do anything but an oil change and had to replace a few shotty ground straps and a starter. untill about a month ago i was driving it home from work (about a 30 mile drive) and it starting missing and running really rough. then it died and wouldnt start till the next day. as to my pryer knowledge of ford i figured it was just the ignition module getting hot and missfiring. so i bout the works plugs wires cap rotor bug coil and ignition module. swapped it all out and ran good for a few more days.. then on the next hot day it did it again. so from there im thinkin fuel. i knew i was ridding luck pretty hard as it was with driving it for the 6 months without going through the whole system but it worked out. so i went and got a new pump dropped the tank and replaced it. and now it has NO power... i havent even trusted it to drive to town to see if its going to crap out on me again. i mean you can tell its running smoother and more consistent with the new pump but it just isnt right. im starting to think that everything iv done so far was just part of the problem. i know my water pump is going to be the next big thing that goes out cause i have no heater and there are water stains all around the pump and iv already changed out the thermostat. so im almost at whits end on this and i cant afford to keep throwing money at it im thinking the problem now is with the egr cause i can unplug it and it runs better in a way but as soon as the engine light comes on it starts running rough again. iv done some research on smog pump elimination and bought the right length of belt but what else besides crimping the recerc lines is there to the cancellation?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts