Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , anyone got any ideas of security in their truck other than a engine immobiliser. im thinking of something visual such as welding a U bolt to the break pedal arm & then when i park it i chain the pedal to say under the seat with a padlock so no-one can phyisally push the break pedal down when they try to steal it.

Anyone got any ideas

Remember in order to get that bolt really tight, The Australian way.......STRIP IT......& AND THEN BACK IT OFF 2 TURNS....

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
I have had problems with break ins in my bronco. I think that sounds like i good idea given me ideas.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Years ago when I had my dually I hooked a toggle to the power wire on the ignition computer. It would crank but woulld not start and it wasn't easy to find either.

The trick to auto theft is to make the theif take his time to get your truck started. Time is usually a luxury they don't have.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There's something out there, it's like the club put it pushes your brake pedal down. idea here is the way around the club is to cut the steering wheel. who's going to cut the brake pedal and then steal the car?

or the easy way is a kill switch that allows crank but no start. a toggle that allows no crank gets the thief looking for a switch, if it just cranks and crnaks he realizes it's a "pos that won't start" and moves on.

Justin

·
Registered
78 Posts

something like this should work...
HAHAHAHA not if your bronco is a big son of a bitch and just drive right out of that. I just bought a viper alarm for my truck, it wont let them start it and if they try any funky shit and try to start without a key it will kill the starter... Look for it, viper 791xv, look on ebay i got mine for $162 and thats including shipping. http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=104

comes with remote start, i can start it from 900 yards away, unlock and lock.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
if im leavin the truck some where i have a tiny hidden switch that doesnt let the fuel pump turn on, and a battery disconnect. i also have an alarm that pages me. so the bronco is ok, and its my least protected vehicle

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
buy or make a wheel lock and I don't mean the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
if you push the brake pedal down, the brake lights will be on while it sits. :duh
:duh, wow, i can't believe i didn't catch that. It holds the brake pedal UP so you can't shift from park on newer stuff, and won't have a brake if you do get it going.

buy or make a wheel lock and I don't mean the steering wheel.
boot your car everyhwere you go and get a stick on "boot warning sticker", bet you never get a parking ticket again ;)

Justin

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts