Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally fixed my fuel problems and now i have no spark. I had it a couple of days ago though. The cap and rotor look pretty good and the wires and plugs are new. I replaced the coil and that didnt do the trick. All thats ledt is pick up coil, control module, and computer. I cant see what tool takes off the control module. Is it torx, hex, screwdriver? Do fords have problems with any of these? Thx fellas.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i have a carbed motor, but i was not getting spark a while back. i took the C shaped clip that slides over the coil off and cleaned all the contacts off with oven cleaner and a small wire brush. i used sandpaper on all the rotor contacts and the posts under the dizzy cap. that did it and its been sparking ever since. good luck bud, do the easy cheapest stuff first. my truck started that day 3 times. luckily it stopped starting in my driveway that time. i had never had any issues but the posts were all dirty. later, AXE

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, after much troubleshooting I have come up with nothing. I swapped in a new coil and that didnt work. I checked the control module at autozone and that was alright. I checked all of my fuses and relays and they are working correctly. Any ideas? Anyone know how to see if the computer is getting power? Thanx

·
Southeast Utah Native
920 Posts
Not knowing what you have I'm just making a guess here. Have you checked to see if you're getting power to the coil? On EFI engines there is a fuseable link that controls this power.

The ignition modules on the distributors are common failures too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The quest continues...
I have replaced the coil, pick up and control module. I found out that one of my relays was blown and jumped it. I hooked up a spark tester to the coil wire. It sparks only when the cranking begins and ends, nothing between. ANy ideas? Thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts