Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I apply my brakes they squeak as if my brake pads need replacing, Ive tried a brake cleaner that you spray on the brake pads and rotor. This stops the squeak for about a day or so. Then they start back squeaking. I had a mechanic look at my brakes and clean them, he said they were fine, and did not need replacing, thats a surprise.

I dont know what to do, but I feel like I am driving a piece of trash car whenever I stop.
Any suggestions to stop this noise.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Brakes, especially cheap ones will do that sometimes.
I have never heard of something you apply dirrectly to the brake pad before. Don't do that again. There is a brake grease you can apply to the back of the pad, where the piston is and it will either help reduce the squeek or even eliminate it.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,013 Posts
one of my rotors is grooved(crappy brake pad broke and got wedged in kinda diagnal a few months ago but there are otherways to groove a rotor).... even with new brake pads it squeaks.... guess i should fix that

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
did you inspect your brakes?
did you read his post??

my brakes did this before...but i just replaced rotors pads and all...so they dont squaek now...i would say replace the guide pins with new ones...sometimes the old worn out ones allow the caliper to shift slightly and puts the pad at an angle..clean the brakes again...tear the hubs out and check the tq on you wheel bearings...maybe the rotor is actually the loose part with play

its just one of those things...

dc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts