Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discovered a new noise in Mad Bronco (the 89). It sounds JUST like the fuel pump has gotten louder, but it seems to increase when I turn on the defroster. It also seems to be coming from the front dash/firewall area....not in the rear of the truck where I usually hear the fuel pump on start up.

Any ideas? :shrug

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
my fuel pump is really loud too. its coming from the back so it is the pump. people always think my trucks gonna blow up.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
I think your hearin your blower motor going out Mels.... I got the same problem in my car... it squeels!!

Is defrost the only form of heat you use or are you saying at vent its fine but defrost it makes the noise???

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
A noisy fuel pump is pretty normal, it may be louder in some trucks/SUV's than others. If you are hearing something else when you you turn on the defroster or fan, then it's probably the fan motor going out. Whatever the case, I usually just wait until it breaks before I fix it. About the only thing you can do now is check the blower housing on the passngr-side firewall for debris or rat's nests, and pull the motor to check the bearings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts