Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first things first, I DID SEARCH!!:twotu:

My axle code is 18. The results of my search came up with a link to drivetrain.com. I go there and determine that, according to my tag on the door, I have a "Conventional non-Positraction Differential" 3.06.

Ok, now, what exactly does this tell me? Is this a good rear end or something I should consider replacing in the future? The truck probably won't be doing any hard core wheeling and will be my daily driver but it may see some mud or trails with my kid on the weekends.

Also, after the axle code there is, (according to my wife), a UZ. What is that? I had my wife go out and read the sticker since I'm in Iraq and she is back home. She is going to take a pic and email it to me so I'll have it for future reference.

Thanks guys!

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,918 Posts
that is a really hi gear ratio and if you plan to go wheeling an run a tire any larger then a 30" i would swap out to something lower. what plans do you have for this rig? are you wanting larger tires and if so how big.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will mostly be my daily driver. I do plan on putting at least 33's on it but will probably go up to 35's, (and the 4-6' lift to fit them). I don't have anything to tow so I don't have to worry about pulling anything. I will probably do some mud or trails occassionally with my kid but nothing hardcore.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
s1rGr1nG0 said:
(and the 4-6' lift)
:shocked :shocked DANG DUDE!!!

Just Kidding, I had 3.07 ratio stock in my bronco. I couldn't spin 32" tires over on gravel. Sucked major. Go with some 4.10's or so if you don't plan on running larger then 35" Tires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts