Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 14" electric fan on my bronco. It ran at about 210 on the freeway and 220-230 in traffic. I love the throttle response though. I may need to buy a bigger fan to cool it down further. Problem is that the kit I bought was designed to run at 185 only. I may have installed the probe too low in the radiator, BTW I will be buying a new one as the fins on the outside can be easily broken just by running your fingers on them with no pressure at all. I am thinking maybe a thunderbird fan. Any ideas? Also the fan never turned on so I may be running a switch.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
If the T-bird is the same as the taurus fan (I didn't think T-birds had electrics, but maybe in last couple years??), that is supposedly the way to go. Can draw 80 amps @ starup I'm told, so an upgraded alt will be needed also. I've heard the MK VIII fan flows even more than the taurus, but that fan will probably be hard to find (and pricey).

BTW, for comparison, my street 79 with mildy built 400 and air runs 195 on a 195 stat with an unkown age stock 2 core AC radiator and stock fan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts