Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Northumberland OHV Park is a new 6000ish acre park opening in Pa.
Some info here.

http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/Questions.aspx

and map

http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/Portals/0/Docs/anthracite_adventure_concept_plan.pdf

A trail opening/cutting day(s) is scheduled for Dec 10th (possibly the 11th, depending upon interest). They have plenty of easy trails that need to be opened back up (mostly cutting back brush), but their main need is to cut new hard core trails. Of course any trails opened/cut will need to be tested :toothless

I plan on going up on the 10th and would love to see a bunch of broncos up there helping out (if not, I'll hang with the jeep clubs).

PM me or reply here if interested.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
damn, I think this is where my buddies and I go every once in a while... it used to be free but looks like thats changing. At least it isn't getting closed down. I would love to come out but won't be available.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
wish i was closer or had a truck that could be trusted to go that far. nice to see that people are trying to keep places for us to wheel. take a bunch of pics if you go so we can see the park.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,810 Posts
Just checked my schedule, and that weekend is on my next one, so i wont till next week if i have to work or not. If i have off, i will be there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I would love to come out and help.... I'll have a lift by then to! *next week*

But... its my cousins wedding...

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can make it up there on the 10th. Just let me know what time.
That would be cool, at least I'd know one person :thumbup (unless Kev makes it). I have to figure out which route I want to take. Rt 125 looks like a towing nightmare

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,810 Posts
Dont take 125, i think it is.

For me, i always take Rt61 to 901/54 all the way to Shamokin every time i go to Erics shop, and its no big deal towing a trailer. Lotsa hills here & there, but nothing crazy like youd see on 501. Its the mountains, you cant get away from them. Take 901 right into Shamokin where you get back on Rt 61 (this saves time vs taking 61 the whole way) and from there its just a mile or two to 225 & the center of Trevorton. In your case, you could just take 78w right to Rt61 and go north from there, that puts you like 40 minutes north of me.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont take 125, i think it is.

For me, i always take Rt61 to 901/54 all the way to Shamokin every time i go to Erics shop, and its no big deal towing a trailer. Lotsa hills here & there, but nothing crazy like youd see on 501. Its the mountains, you cant get away from them. Take 901 right into Shamokin where you get back on Rt 61 (this saves time vs taking 61 the whole way) and from there its just a mile or two to 225 & the center of Trevorton. In your case, you could just take 78w right to Rt61 and go north from there, that puts you like 40 minutes north of me.
Your gonna call in sick if your workin, right???:popc1:

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This looks like a good time. Gotta see if I can clear my schedule. What portion of PA is this? I'm still looking at the links provided, but whats the address?

It's probably a half hour northwest from Rausch if that helps.

These are the directions I got........

From I-81 . Take exit 116 onto Rt 901 towards Shamokin.

Stay on Rt901 to Lavelle ( about 6 miles )

In Lavelle , turn left onto High Rd . This will be the first left AFTER the Turkey Hill .

High Rd turns into Upper Rd. Stay on this for 8.5 miles to Gowen City.

In Gowen City turn right onto Rt125.

Once you are on Rt 125 it will be 1.1 miles to the entrance road . You will climb the mountain, and start down over the other side . At the 1.1 mile point turn RIGHT and then an immediate 45 degree turn to the LEFT .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looking at a map. Gowen City is 10-15 miles from Rausch. I should be able make it in less than 20 minutes since the bronco hugs the road like a sports car:haha

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Still missing great opportunities like this due to a downed truck. This is getting pretty upsetting.

Ox, you bringing the big blue bronco on the SX's? Quite a collection you got, I always wondered what your brought out to play most of the time....

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's probably a half hour northwest from Rausch if that helps.

These are the directions I got........

From I-81 . Take exit 116 onto Rt 901 towards Shamokin.

Stay on Rt901 to Lavelle ( about 6 miles )

In Lavelle , turn left onto High Rd . This will be the first left AFTER the Turkey Hill .

High Rd turns into Upper Rd. Stay on this for 8.5 miles to Gowen City.

In Gowen City turn right onto Rt125.

Once you are on Rt 125 it will be 1.1 miles to the entrance road . You will climb the mountain, and start down over the other side . At the 1.1 mile point turn RIGHT and then an immediate 45 degree turn to the LEFT .

Thanks OX. I'm gonna try to make this 1 since I bailed on the trip to RC.

Steering shaft and balance/beadlocks "should" be the only things holding me back.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still missing great opportunities like this due to a downed truck. This is getting pretty upsetting.

Ox, you bringing the big blue bronco on the SX's? Quite a collection you got, I always wondered what your brought out to play most of the time....
what does it need to be fixed???

Yeah, it's kinda blue/green and on 42 IROKs now.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,810 Posts
Those directions seem pretty straightforward, i might go that way too.

Your gonna call in sick if your workin, right???:popc1:
I cant knock off on a weekend, all id be doing is screwing over my coworkers.

No schedule yet either. Hopefully they put it out tonight, id really like to know what days i have off.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those directions seem pretty straightforward, i might go that way too.

I cant knock off on a weekend, all id be doing is screwing over my coworkers.

No schedule yet either. Hopefully they put it out tonight, id really like to know what days i have off.
Rightcoast4x4 guys look like they are going the 11th, so that is another possiblity depending upon who can make it. As long as one other bronc makes it the 10th (which so far is the case), I'm still good with that day. Might still be better to tag along with a jeep group on the 10th unless we get 3 or 4 broncs.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Did this used to be called Excelsior (sp)?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts