Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this in the local paper, with the shit storm of BS as usual at least I can escape and get some fishing in. Baby steps I guess to put my life back together. Old guy saved it for me was very nice couple that were old school hand shake honest folks. Been out in it three times , it was stored indoors and has a few scars but very restorable and no leaks , 17 FT SEARS aluminum canoe and came with gear.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,353 Posts
Yo 445,
Enjoy the ride!
We have a canoe and kayak here and they help smoothe the mind and body.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,410 Posts
Nice! I like getting out in the kayak with a pole. So relaxing.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,464 Posts
Those are really well-made and will last a lifetime. My doctor and I were friends as kids, and I remember Summers where his parents would invite me to accompany them in theirs to go across Port Gardner Bay to Jetty Island, just across from Everett's waterfront. I don't know what he used to preserve it, but Mr. and Mrs. Lindstrom still go out in it with their grandchildren to Jetty Island. So I'm talking at least 50 years old?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Just don't take your wife with you :histerica

Canoes and 2-seater kayaks are often referred to as "Divorce Boats"

After one trip in a canoe with my wife I can see why.

She would absolutely never paddle on the correct side or in the correct direction. Or maybe I was paddling wrong. Either way, frustrating just a bit.

I bought her a beautiful kayak just for her so we each have our own and can paddle as we see fit.

Wedded bliss. :thumbup

·
Addicted to Junk
10,410 Posts
I've got a lil 16 ft narrow flat bottom aluminum jon boat that's been getting a repower for four years now... man how time flies...

Used to have a little 6 horse evinrude on it but after running for 35 years, it needs rebuilt. The boat itself is a '70 model with a mere 36" wide bottom. It allows for scooting up the tree infested small rivers around here. We used to use it to set limb lines and get us upstream to a killer little fishing spot on the Wakarusa, where we'd camp out all night. Lots and lots of great memories in that boat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts