Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been a lurker for awhile and searching for info as I rebuild a 1993 bronco. About ready for the road. I have not been able to find answer to my last question. I'm running a 351 with stock 3.73 gears. Just finished a 4 inch lift. And want to run 35's, will they be too much on this set-up ? It will be used for cruising around and little wheelin. Oh yea this has been a father/son project for his DD he turns 16 in a month.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
i dont think it will be to much of a problem but you might want to upgrade if you need more power i dont know to much on the subject hope it all works out and good luck with the project

·
Registered
7 Posts
CHECK OUT THE STICKY ON LIFT AND TIRE INFORMATION FOR 80-96 BRONCO'S. LOTS OF GREAT INFO THERE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read thru the sticky all 14 pages. And found tons of great info. But couldn't find the info I'm looking for. Some stuff was close but different engine or axle or something.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
How'd you get 3.73 gears?

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i personally don't think running 35's will be too much. however, i would probably change out the gears to 4.56's or even 4.88's so it is not so much of a pig. 3.73's are not ideal for that setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep I got confused. I have been looking at some much info. Trying to figure out which way to go 33's or 35's. I have stock 3.55 gears. Sorry for the brain-fart.

·
Registered
600 Posts
with a 4 inch lift go with 33's so he wont rub and the fenders wont look to full. 3.55;s will be working harder then normal to turn them but if you want you can upgrade to a 4.56 gear set.

·
Registered
389 Posts
33's with 3.55's should be fine, i'm running that setup with a beat 302.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
You CAN run either.... its mostly a personal preference. The 351 is going to help overcome the 373 gear ratio, but you will probably want to look at regearing eventually (a 351 with 35s and 4.88 = :thumbup in my book). I run a 4 inch lift with 35s and I like they way it looks. The thing you will need to consider it the possibility of having to trim the bumper and front fenders a bit. That can be minimized or avoided by having a wheel with the proper backspacing.....

Take a look around at some other peoples rigs, a lot of us run both of these combos (try the Post a Pic of your Bronco thread).....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts