Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..some other big fab project but hey I did make this and it came out pretty cool.:toothless Best part is it works!

My jack mount system...:thumbup

Top lug...

Bottom lug...

Both lugs...

And the jack in place...

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already got it. Lock goes around the cross bar and through a hole. Anyway I feel if somebody steals it they must need it more than me. Maybe they'ed get their fingers amputated when the jack slips. It will also have lock nuts on the 1/4-20 screws so to remove the lug assy you'd need socket and an Allen wrench. Thieves don't really want to stick around disassembling stuff...especially if they see what's on my rear window.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice idea, easy to get to without having move everything in the truck. Looks clean to not over complicated.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice idea, easy to get to without having move everything in the truck. Looks clean to not over complicated.
Thanks!.... It is very simple...just remove the lock and spin the two looking handles CCW and pull the jack off. I used some other Hi Lift mounts as examples but most used plastic or cast white metal for locking handles.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh another thing I didn't want that ugly thing in the front....:toothless

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing...where I mounted it puts very little wieght on the swing arm. Most of the weight rides near the hinges which are held on by 8 bolts. I noticed no difference when I opened the swing arm with and without the jack.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, thats a good idea man. Looks good.
Thanks!!! It was a lot of fun making that and it changed the whole appearance of the truck...well in back anyway:toothless

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK so for those of you that are worried sick about how I locked it up....here it is.:haha:thumbup

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK final touch just in case I get stuck in the muck:histerica

I know this is kind of simplistic but it has been a fun project and useful too.:thumbup

The shovel mounted on the jack...I extended the bottom bolt to make the rest for the handle.

The shovel is locked on too...I know it can be broken off or cut off but I don't think thieves would take the time and if they do...oh well they must REALLY need this stuff:goodfinge

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Damn I missed this thread.... I'm fuggin jealous!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts