Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be damned if I can find a good Shodowfax pic with the smoke windows STC soft top except for when Mark installed it in 03

and even it is not great. I am trying to decide if I like the clear window Kayline top better? What say you? It has never been on the truck before today but I am getting the STC zippers replaced and I just had to look.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,726 Posts
Im not really a fan of soft tops, because they never look right. They are always wrinkly and loose in areas. That being said, i like the first pic better!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
I've had the tint on my two previous softopper tops..the next one I get will be clear..

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
softopper with tint..

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,879 Posts
Looks wise, I like the tint.
Driving, I like the clear.
Have had both on my 78 and the tinted windows, once used a bit and not all factory fresh, are kind of hard to see out of at night, especially when backing up. Way worse then a set of tinted glass.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
once used a bit and not all factory fresh, are kind of hard to see out of at night, especially when backing up. Way worse then a set of tinted glass.
that's exactly why I'm switching..

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
i can't vote between #1 or #2 because i can't see pic 1.

i'm surprised you guys prefer the clear windows, though. i had tinted windows on my camper and enjoyed the privacy they afforded. with clear windows on my soft top, i feel exposed.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
i can't vote between #1 or #2 because i can't see pic 1.

i'm surprised you guys prefer the clear windows, though. i had tinted windows on my camper and enjoyed the privacy they afforded. with clear windows on my soft top, i feel exposed.
Hah, it's a soft top..the whole point is to be exposed..but I suppose I see what you mean you kind of feel like you're in a fish bowl...

In all reality, I wish softopper offers it so the sides of theirs could zip out..I'd probably just leave it that way 90% of the time..

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah, it's a soft top..the whole point is to be exposed..but I suppose I see what you mean you kind of feel like you're in a fish bowl...

In all reality, I wish softopper offers it so the sides of theirs could zip out..I'd probably just leave it that way 90% of the time..
That is why I could not find pics of the tinted down. They all look like this.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not really a fan of soft tops, because they never look right. They are always wrinkly and loose in areas. That being said, i like the first pic better!
THat fits because I am wrinkled and loose in areas as well.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,726 Posts
That is why I could not find pics of the tinted down. They all look like this.

I do like the looks with the windows up.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,976 Posts
It is that way most of the time. It just gets a little cold when it snows.
Trying to decide if I'd prefer it being cold where I could crank the heat and wear a coat and hat..or sweat my b**ls off in 100 plus degree heat..

·
Registered
78 Custom - 460 - NP435 - NP205 - Sniper EFI - HyperSpark Ignition - 4.56 Gears - Front/Rear Lockers
2,029 Posts
I've only had mine a very short time, but I've noticed my dogs don't appreciate speeds over 45 mph with the sides up. It's too windy for them and they come up front in the cab with me. I'll probably keep the sides down when at speed or when it's cold out. Other than that I appreciate the shade the top provides with the breeze the sides provide when they are up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've only had mine a very short time, but I've noticed my dogs don't appreciate speeds over 45 mph with the sides up. It's too windy for them and they come up front in the cab with me. I'll probably keep the sides down when at speed or when it's cold out. Other than that I appreciate the shade the top provides with the breeze the sides provide when they are up.
Yeah I'm leaning towards getting one instead of rebuilding the sliders, can't figure out where to get all those parts. How much did that place charge you to repair those clip things on the too of the cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Custom - 460 - NP435 - NP205 - Sniper EFI - HyperSpark Ignition - 4.56 Gears - Front/Rear Lockers
2,029 Posts
Yeah I'm leaning towards getting one instead of rebuilding the sliders, can't figure out where to get all those parts. How much did that place charge you to repair those clip things on the too of the cab?

Way too much for just the one. lol. It was a couple hours of shop time. If I had a welder I definitely would have taken a shot at it myself. Either way it's done and I don't have to do it again for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Way too much for just the one. lol. It was a couple hours of shop time. If I had a welder I definitely would have taken a shot at it myself. Either way it's done and I don't have to do it again for the foreseeable future.
Anymore left in your local junkyard?

·
Registered
1988 FSB, 351W, Towing Package
108 Posts
I like the tinted man! But like the safari look the best no doubt. If you want to sell a spare, count me in!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts