Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 bronco with a 95 ball joint dana 60. Sky offroad machined stock pass side knuckle with their high steer arm.
Stock bronco leafs used. At ride height the axle tube is 9" from the bottom of the engine cross member.
I knew it was gonna be close, but its a little closer than i though. Just under three inch before the drag link hits the frame.

Looks like if I want more up travel I need to notch the frame for clearance or get taller spings.
Fortunately, this thing only marginally flexes better than the TTB but it still hits the bump stops with ease.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump stop is just starting to touch in the first picture. If I set things up right the bump will be pretty much completely compressed just before the drag link hits the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks. I was thinking about high steer until seeing this post

Overall it was worth it. Just more work. I ended up notching out a couple of inches outta the frame. All is well now. Also took one of the second leafs outta the rear pack since there was two second leafs. This seemed to help the front travel as well. I pretty much am limited by my 14" travel shocks now.

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
10,840 Posts
I think you need a bit taller spring and obviously longer shocks.

This is my TTB in the 6" holes with 4" springs and cheap off the shelf pro comp 3000 shocks. Still had a couple inches before the back tire lifted.

And sitting level, for reference.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a good bit better now. I took the add a leaf out of the rear pack, that helped a little. Added a 1" zero rate to the front. I also trimmed the fenders. With the new tires it hit pretty bad before. I probably could use a little longer shock, but I will worry about that later if it becomes an issue. I don't want taller springs. Truck is pretty tall as it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts