Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do my fuel pump soon and my junkyard does not allow cutting tools .

Does anyone have a panel of bed material , or a scrap truck laying around that I can buy a patch panel from ?

A couple of square feet should suffice

Thanks much

·
Super Moderator
23,393 Posts
Yo Riggs,
I added Utah to your location. If it's incorrect PM me or summon by entering @miesk5 in a reply here.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link BikerPepe. Exactly what I am after

Why not just drop the tank? Bronco tanks are a piece of cake to remove

Put a jack under the tank, remove the 4 easily accessible bolts on the front and back, lower the jack. easy.
I hear you rhauf, I have dropped em before . Out here in Utah those damn bolts are always rusted and I have had to grind a couple (Sparks) I very well may end up dropping it . IF I can get it to pump one last time to get it into my garage .

Thanks for adding location Miesk5!

·
Super Moderator
14,451 Posts
In all reality you don't need the patch panel. You can take and reuse the piece you cut out.That's what I did.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was able to get the pump to fire up one last time to get my bronco into the garage and then I used that pump to drain the whole tank. The last tank I did was a carbed model and it was 3/4 of the way full so it sucked.

Dropped the tank this morning and swapped in a New Delphi pump

I won't be needing that patch panel after all. But thank you for the help and replies guys, you can go ahead and shut this thread down or delete it if you like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.