Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of watching my big clumsy doberman sliding around loading and unloading the back of the Bronco so I picked up 2 cans of Duplicolor truck bed coating and went to spraying. Here are the results for anyone who is thinking about it or gives a $hit. I'll let you guys know how it holds up.

Before

$7.99 a can. I used two

Inspection cover with three coats

After

Close up by the handle to show texture

Happy Dumb Doberman

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it will be durable enough for what I need it for but I don't think I'd want to drag an engine block across it. I'm going to let is set for a few days and will follow up.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,075 Posts
I used duplicolor on my tailgate several years back, unfortunately it got pretty scraped up after a little while, the key is definitely in the prep, but like any of that stuff if you drag something across it, it's going to come off.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I sprayed my front pushbar with primer, then that stuff, looks nice I think, update how it holds up please.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree with the prep work, I sanded all morning long to get to bare metal. Hopefully that'll help out a bit. I can tell that it is NOWHERE close to the thickness as the line-x that was put on my Dodge truck, but then again we're talking the price difference $15 and $400+, ya know.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Great looking job man, and good looking Dobie too! Guess you dont have the guy in the little pickup selling meat out the freezer in the bed hanging out at your front door too long. :)

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Thanks for the write up man i think i may do that this week or next. I didnt have enough herculiner to finsih off the tailgate so i might just go ahead and get that shit and do it. Thanks again for the write up

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Did mine almost 2 years ago, some of you may know I also did my chrome bumpers, which pealed, and my cap which still looks great, my winshield molding, which pealed, my mirroirs which are ok but not great, and my fender flares which are still perfect as well as my lund sccops also perfect, and the whole bottom 6 inches around the truck like an eddie buaer which is also still in good shape. The tailgate however, has seen better days, if you don't mind re applying it every 6 months it is ok, but I am planing on a rubber mat of some sort eventually

:thumbup

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Would really be high tech if he could spray this tuff on the dogs feet and get it to stick, you use alot less of it that way too

:thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts