Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 81 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a 78 Bronco I am in the middle of at the moment and I am just screwed. I have a 460 in it and I replaced the head gaskets and had the heads reworked and I have reassembled everything made sure my Torques were right and bolt pattern was right and I have the timing set to the first cylinder I have checked the firing order so many times but when I try to start it it just cranks and the exhaust pops and wont run. I have a new Holley 600 Carb on it everything is stock Cam,Lifters and push rods New L&L headers is all I have put on it

Did I do something wrong?... I would really appreciate any input anyone may have
Hey, Augiedog here, a d this sounds exactly what happened to me with my 79 that has a 429 (same block as 460) from a 68 Linclon..... I pulled my hair out for weeks, and finally had it loaded up and took it to a shop.... they found timing way off, and since the distributor could not be turned ( don't know why) they moved all the plug wires one plug either clockwise or counterclockwise.... runs like a top..... hope this helps......

81 - 81 of 81 Posts