Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enjoy my
6,059 Posts
I hope it doesn't have that pissy lil dana 30 stock front...

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,247 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I doubt it can handle much driving on that stock jeep rear. Hell, there isn't many rides out there that can handle 500+ at the rear end. Just talk to the old school hemi crowd: 426 hemi + stock rear = bad news.

Also, I like how they say it has been meticulously maintained since they have owned it, FOR 2 YEARS. Well, its only 19 years old. AND, don't even get me started on how they made it 2wd by only removing the transfer case. Why remove the front axle and make it a complete project? I guess they didn't think that far ahead.

·
Registered
877 Posts
It aint so much of the front axle thats sucks. The Dana 30 wil hold up better than the crap 35 out back. They cant handle 33s on stock drivetrain much less with a 302. I like it though.

·
Back in Action
6,788 Posts
Whats wrong with Jeeps? I'd drive anyone of my friends jeeps off road before my bronco. out east they can out wheel my bronco 75% of the time. I have put way more money into my bronco than they have. Jeeps are great off road vehicals. any way on with the pics of some GREAT jeeps i have wheeled with

he he. this will stir some shit up. but really, besides Jeeps being the #2 most driven vehical of homosexuals. they are awesome rigs:beer

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
#1: The D30 is actually a pretty tough little axle. TJ 30s will handle 35s stock easily with minimal breakage when locked.

#2: The D35 rear is a junk axle. They can be kept together with 33x10s, but throw 33x12s or a locker (God forbid both) into the mix and it's game over man.

#3: YJs are one of the very best build platforms you can start with. Yes, the square lights are ugly, but all thats keeping you from running pretty round ones is a little sheet metal and a dibble of wiring.

#4: Engine swaps are a dime a dozen in Jeepland. I've seen a CJ-7 with a 454 and corresponding one-ton tranny running a Currie rear end. I've also seen (but only on the internet) a CJ-7 with a 6.0 Powerstroke... Search around a little, there's some really cool stuff out there; LSX swaps into TJs are popular.

Cool pics 96GM :twotu:

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I'd take a Jeep over a Sami if they were both free, but that's just my pick...

I'm not overly familar with Samis, but I think when you got to the point that you needed wheelbase, you'd be in trouble. It's hard to beat a Jeep comp cut and stretched to about 105"....

Honestly, I don't really care what it is, I'd wheel it. Pretty much all rigs can be built to be equal, it's just a question of time, ability, and money... However, my first picks will always be Broncos and Jeeps. :toothless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.