1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
That looks like tons of fun. I was watching the videos though, and it looked like it would capsize real easy. I wonder how safe they are. It almost looks like a real camaro.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
ive seen other cars like that, that england has made but they didnt go anywhere near as fast as that one! :shocked

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jerry 1 a b said:
... it looked like it would capsize real easy. I wonder how safe they are. It almost looks like a real camaro.
I thought it was looking unstable too... notice there weren't any clips of it making any turns in the water? In the first link, the guy says he started with a 2002 Camaro funny car fiberglass body, and built off that, with a Subaru WRX turbo engine - that's why it sounds like a fart car. I think it would have been better if he were able to use all stock drivetrain, and still keep it bouyant and stable. But, the site says the car does top out at 125mph on land tho... I wonder how long it takes to get there tho :cool:

Can you imagine that? Hit the water at over 80mph, then skip along to a slower 40mph before you engage the jet prop? :histerica I wonder if a bigger jet could have been used, to get more top speed in the water? Hmmm....

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Actually, my daily driver is a WRX, and it tops put at 153. It doesn't take long to get there at all. God I love my turbo!

She's dirty, but hey, I still love her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts