Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a PTO and hydro pump for a winch. i searched and found 4 posts but one related to a pto. is a chelsa PTO the unit i need to work with the NP435? i see a ton on ebay and then see a few oter possible ones that will work. Thanks for any input on this issue.....mike

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've got a buddy that has a PTO still sitting on his old 435 trans. He said it is for sale but it's been about two months since I talked to him. other than that not sure I have anything else to help you out. Don't know much about PTO's.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It's a Chelsea 352 from what I understand. See the bottom of the page here for a smidge more information. That's a combo I'd like to put together myself eventually, so I'd definitely be interested in seeing it done.

A PTO hydraulic is definitely the fastest possible winch combo I've seen ... talked to one guy with a 20gpm pump who timed and scaled his to 20 feet per minute at over 9,000lb with a very similar setup. Unfortunately he was running his PTO on an NP205 because he didn't have a manual with a PTO port, so he had to run in fourth gear with the TC in neutral to get those numbers, not a very good combo. An NP435 shouldn't have that problem, you should be able to use the winch in gear and get good line speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts