Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im starting to do work on my bronco and i was wondering, does the Np203 t-case have any major usual problems? ive been thinking about puttin a part time kit in it when i fix the tranny leak, im not sure if i wnat to put the money into it though, would the 203 hold up fine, it will see some highway miles, town miles, and some off roading, nothing to extreme though. im running 31x11.50R15 Bridgestone desert duelers on it so it dont really have a oversized tire. and also, im in the process of taking the running boards off of it, are they bolted on to the floor? just a question on them couse i dont want to spend all day looking for the bolts to take them off and they end up being bolted to the floor.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
While extremely heavy, and rather large, the 203 is perfeectly suited for your type of driving. Especially after the P/T conversion. Don't forget the front hub swap too, in case you hadn't already done that. And if you have, I want your F/T hubs :toothless

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I would not bother with the part time kit. If you really want to rebuild it a rebuild kit will run you about 150.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm it would be nice to have a 2 wd option, thought about just doing the hub conversion, but evreything else will still be turning, in my pathfinder when out muddin its nice to have 2wd somtimes when ur in a tight spot, once i ended up in a step ditch facing fowards, so i put it in 2 wd and whipped it around pointing out of the ditch, and put it back in 4 and got right out..i may look into the part time kit and hubs when i do the tranny, just have to see how much money i got to play with.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
AN NP203 doesn't drive / work the same as you are picturing. You can't just put the new hubs on and run around unlocked. It will pop out. You'd have to drive around with the tcase in 4H loc.

My 79 with a 203 can turn pretty darn tight with 37's. Probably not as tight as a Nissan. But I'd just use half the Nissan to ramp off of to make a tighter turn.:histerica

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, ya the nissan has a pretty small turning cirlce, the bronco aint far behind, i think i might deal with the rear end leaks, looks like it got worse lol, anywho thanks for all the input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts