Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put new seals in my NP205 transfer case, actually, my transmission mechanic did it. Found two gifts inside....two small bolts being held by the magnet.
Perhaps gifts from the factory, good new no damage and the gears looked very good. That is one solid unit even after 40 years. Only had to replace the speedo drive gear and the gaskets and seals.

Ultimate goal is a good daily driver, getting closer.

·
Super Moderator
23,344 Posts
Yo Rocket,
Reminds me of when disgruntled assembly line workers placed a crushed beer can or marbles in doors or on a ship(s) when crewmen dropped bolts in reduction gear.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Heh, some guy my uncle know (i think this was how it went) had bought a Cadillac, decades ago.. it had an occasional clunk nobody could identify. finally one day he found in the bottom of one of the rear doors a bottle, with a note inside which read "you finally found the rattle, you rich bastard"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heh, some guy my uncle know (i think this was how it went) had bought a Cadillac, decades ago.. it had an occasional clunk nobody could identify. finally one day he found in the bottom of one of the rear doors a bottle, with a note inside which read "you finally found the rattle, you rich bastard"

this is epic

·
Registered
425 Posts
Use to work in (unnamed) body shop as a kid and someone the whole county disposed had his Chevy 4 doors roof replaced. The Tec suspended a bolt on a small chain in the B pillar right before he welded the top back on! :eek:
Another former employee brought his garbage scow (only seat that wasn’t piled to the window level with trash was the driver seat) station wagon in during the winter, it mysteriously had 2 solid frozen fish swim into the driver’s side door panel right before the panel went back on! :oops:
This one I have done ands it hilarious, if your working on your buddies truck slip a giant zip tie on the driveline close to the too ujoint zip it super tight..... be sure to leave the really long end uncut..... I’m sure most of you know the end result, but the hardest part is 3 or 4 other guys standing around that know what you did not all laughing there asses of when he looks like “WTF” and gets out!:devilish: Only pulled it off flawlessly once... I was the only one that knew what I did !!!:ROFLMAO:

·
Addicted to Junk
10,402 Posts
Yo Rocket,
Reminds me of when disgruntled assembly line workers placed a crushed beer can or marbles in doors or on a ship(s) when crewmen dropped bolts in reduction gear.
My uncle bought a 1980 F250 brand new. Had issues and when they popped the valve covers, some of the head bolts were just laying there, never installed. 1980 was a bad year to buy a new vehicle...

·
Super Moderator
23,344 Posts
Yo Big,
Yes it was a bad year and UAW Workers felt the pinch partly due to their antics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts