Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
deterrent or invite?
are they more or less likely to make someone wanna break into my truck?

anyone out there have them on their ride, and if so what's your experience?

my dad told me it might get me out of a ticket sometime :rofl:

·
Registered
670 Posts
i wouldnt put one on mine, just because i have a CCW though.

if i have to leave my gun in the car i dont want people knowing im a gun owner, oh and having my CCW got me out of a ticket once

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
I've got an NRA sticker (along with other politically incorrect ones) on all of my vehicles. I haven't had a single break-in yet. Therefore, the presence of an NRA sticker lowers the risk of a break-in. QED.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have the top off my truck 24/7. Making it obliviously easy to break in to makes people think that it isnt even worth it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Have NRA decals on my vehicles, never been broken in to.

My wife didn't want any decals on her Tahoe or Explorer, Tahoe has been broken in to and the Explorer was stolen.

Not sure if the NRA decals relate or not, but it's possible.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have NRA decals on my vehicles, never been broken in to.

My wife didn't want any decals on her Tahoe or Explorer, Tahoe has been broken in to and the Explorer was stolen.

Not sure if the NRA decals relate or not, but it's possible.
haha wow sounds like a correlation to me

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I have NRA stickers on both my Bronco and Ranger. Along with "RMGO.com (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners) stickers. My Bronco has been broken into twice. My Ranger was towed, and broken into at the yard.

Hard to say if there is any correlation.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Funny that this thread popped up.... I JUST found the "inside the glass" sticker in the bronco's glove box, after putting the outside sticker on the topper glass last year.

It now resides on the passenger corner of my Lincoln's back glass.

I keep my gun in my car at work, now that I have a locking car, I have no need to keep it in the store, as I work in a busy section of the "good part of town", which is two blocks from home. No one gets near our cars and we have parking lot surveillance. My pistol gets moved from between the seats, to in my waist when leaving the vehicle to go anywhere besides work.

I got horn honks and thumbs ups when being passed whilst driving the bronco. Most of them were other trucks, usually 4x4's. I do not believe anyone is dumb enough to break into a car with an NRA sticker on it if the vehicle is in a well exposed area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I'm an Endowment member and get these things all the time in those "we need more money" mailouts they always send. I have yet to put one on my truck. I really don't put stickers of any kind on my trucks. They fade and crack over time and look like crap. If they are on paint, then you end up with not so faded paint wherever you had them. When I got my Ram back in 08, the first thing I did when I got it home was remove all the stickers, the SXT, the dealership names, etc. I left the badges on but anything that was a stick on came off. I don't mind badges, but won't have a sticker on my truck. Even if my son is a "Honor Student" at his Elementary school, I ain't puttin the sticker on my truck.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm an Endowment member and get these things all the time in those "we need more money" mailouts they always send. I have yet to put one on my truck. I really don't put stickers of any kind on my trucks. They fade and crack over time and look like crap. If they are on paint, then you end up with not so faded paint wherever you had them. When I got my Ram back in 08, the first thing I did when I got it home was remove all the stickers, the SXT, the dealership names, etc. I left the badges on but anything that was a stick on came off. I don't mind badges, but won't have a sticker on my truck. Even if my son is a "Honor Student" at his Elementary school, I ain't puttin the sticker on my truck.
meh..everything fades and cracks at some point. i never put decals on my paint though..namely because i dont know how to remove them lol

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
All stickers go on my windows. Nothing goes on paint, especially those old-style paper bumper stickers that come off in little chunks. Those things are a royal pain in the ass, even with the straight blade and a bottle of goo-gone.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
I have 2 NRA stickers on my truck. Never been broken into

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
One NRA sticker under ducks in flight, on my back glass.

Mainly cause my girlfriend's dad has one. I could care less, I like guns but not too worried bout the NRA.

I think it helps with cops, I doubt it has any effect on criminals.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,784 Posts
Got 2 NRA stickers on my truck, 1 Sounders FC Sticker, 1 Seahawks Sticker, 1 Mariners sticker, 1 Marine Sticker..

I also have another couple ill be grabbing including

and

and maybe a few more :p

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I have an NRA Life Member sticker on my van, along with a progun sticker and a nobama sticker...never had a problem. Also have a veteran tag, so that may be different too. I've been in big cities all over the midwest for weekends at a time without any issues. Locally I haven't been concerned about break-ins.

We've got some "pro gun" signs we're gonna be making soon (designing them now). Like...pro AK-47, pro AR-15, pro-tank, pro-AT4, pro-RPG7, etc...they're gonna be sweeeeeet :toothless

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I have an NRA Life Member sticker on my van, along with a progun sticker and a nobama sticker...never had a problem. Also have a veteran tag, so that may be different too. I've been in big cities all over the midwest for weekends at a time without any issues. Locally I haven't been concerned about break-ins.

We've got some "pro gun" signs we're gonna be making soon (designing them now). Like...pro AK-47, pro AR-15, pro-tank, pro-AT4, pro-RPG7, etc...they're gonna be sweeeeeet :toothless
I hate the ****ing kid pissing on something.

Makes you look like an idiot/redneck.

(I am by no means calling YOU that...)

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I had stickers on my Dakota and when they finally dried and cracked away, you could see a faded area in the window where it looked as if it bleached out the tinting. I don't understand how it did that since the Tint was on the inside and the sticker was on the outside but there were definitely a circles on seen through the window where the tint was. Also, on the front of my Dakota, it had the factory visor tint in the glass and after I left the military, I'd scrapped my stickers off only to realize they too had faded the tint in the glass. I've got a small rectangle and two small squares on each side where they used to be.

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Those military window stickers are painful. We scraped ours off our windshields eight years ago and you can still see the outline above the rearview mirror.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,169 Posts
I think it depends on where you are. I think it would attract negative attention from law enforcement here in SoCal.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I hate the ****ing kid pissing on something.

Makes you look like an idiot/redneck.

(I am by no means calling YOU that...)
I take offense :rofl:

I needed a sticker to complete the second window...and I had one laying around I made for a customer so....on it went :thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts