Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Wondering if someone can save me some time if you know the socket size to the big rear nut on the radius arm. For some reason only one bushing on one side went bad, lucky for me its the rear bushing. So all I need to do is get that big nut off and replace the spacer and bushing and torque back down. The biggest socket I had is 1 1/16 and its to small. About to go to store and find the right one but if anyone knows and can save me some time I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Wil

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello All,
Wondering if someone can save me some time if you know the socket size to the big rear nut on the radius arm. For some reason only one bushing on one side went bad, lucky for me its the rear bushing. So all I need to do is get that big nut off and replace the spacer and bushing and torque back down. The biggest socket I had is 1 1/16 and its to small. About to go to store and find the right one but if anyone knows and can save me some time I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Wil
I have the same problem, Only passenger side is bad. Do you have a vibration from this. I am suspecting that this is where mine is coming from. How much was the bushing and spacer?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Passenger side usually goes bad due to the heat from the exhaust, They make a "high temp" replacement available from Napa or probably any other auto store can get them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same problem, Only passenger side is bad. Do you have a vibration from this. I am suspecting that this is where mine is coming from. How much was the bushing and spacer?

Funny....I never noticed the bit of vibration until I installed the new parts and now it just feels more solid when driving, I also had just a slight knock over speed bumps that is now gone. Thanks guys 1 1/8 was correct.
The bushing/spacer kit was 11 bucks at advanceauto.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Funny....I never noticed the bit of vibration until I installed the new parts and now it just feels more solid when driving, I also had just a slight knock over speed bumps that is now gone. Thanks guys 1 1/8 was correct.
The bushing/spacer kit was 11 bucks at advanceauto.

Thanks!
freaking awesome! thats exactly what I am doing tomorrow! One question though. Sould I cange both rear bushings, or change all bushings on the radius arm? Ho do I do te front.

·
Registered
102 Posts
freaking awesome! thats exactly what I am doing tomorrow! One question though. Sould I cange both rear bushings, or change all bushings on the radius arm? Ho do I do te front.
One way is to, (if it has not been done before), is to remove the rivits/studs holding the RA bracket to the frame. Then you can get to the front bushing.

There is a second way and that is removing, (someone help with this), the front coil springs and other related parts that will allow you to remove the entire RA.

When I did mine I did it by removing the RA bracket, so I do not know the correct proceedure for removing the entire RA. I believe there is a post on this issue some where. Or some one who has done it this way may pipe in with the correct procedure.

I thought by removing the bracket would be the easiest way and would allow for quicker replacement in the future. It was a bit of a PITA to remove the rivits holding the bracket.

Once you remove the rivits you will need to reattach the bracket with grade 8 bolts.

Also, I paid $21 and some change for the upgraded bushing at NAPA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts