Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got it down to two choices on what i want to do tire wise.

one: run 31's for DD and get some 34x10.5 LTB's

two: get some 35s and run them for everything, off road and DD

which should i do guys, leaning towards option one to save the steering and drivetrain from the wear 35s would do for DD, but i really like the way the bigger tires look.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
What gears do you have? You could get by with 35s and a 4.10 gear. 31s would look goofy with you're 4" lift. Or you could settle with a happy medium like the 34x10.5s.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 33's on now, my thinking is if i'm going to run that size, might as well run 35's. they will still be find for now wits stock gears and i can re gear later if i have to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have 33's on now, my thinking is if i'm going to run that size, might as well run 35's. they will still be find for now wits stock gears and i can re gear later if i have to.
Im in the same boat, right now ive got 32s, stock gears, but no lift and all my friends are telling me 33 for now and get bigger later. I dont know if my friends get bigger tires in there stockings every year but I cant afford new tires with every upgrade I do. After I get my tires im doing a lift and a regear soon (I hope) anyway. So me personaly I guess id say big tires will get you in gear to regear.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I say get the 35's and run it now, it'll be a dog but you can upgrade gears later, why pay for two sets of tires?? I'm sure you can find someone with some used gears to help with cost especially if you're setting them up yourself.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,771 Posts
Run the 35's. Re gear later. Get a decent MT like the BFG MT or the Goodyear MTR you won't be dissapointed. I take it your truck has the auto tranny. If you had a stick you could make up for the lack of gearing with your shifts. 35's and 4:11 gearing should give you enough low range for taking off and still do decent off road.

·
Registered
284 Posts

You would think so but when I went from 33 to 35 it sucked. Yeah you CAN drive it that way but don't plan to maintain speed on a hill and forget interstate unless its flat or downhill.........thats if you can merge safely.

Since you have a 9" you can find rebuilt third members everywhere. It would be easy to swap one while the axle is in the air. Thats what I did. I found a pretty good deal from a guy on ebay, I couldn't buy all the parts for what he was selling a whole rebuilt third member w/ detroit.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
it's gonna be a slug w/3.50 gears and 35's, especially for mostly street duty.i've run q78's with 3.50's and stockish 351m.....it was pretty sluggish, not to mention more strain on your tranny.
i'm running 33's with this bronc with stock 3.50 gears and REFUSE to go bigger 'till i go 4.10's.and 4.10's won't be too bad with the 33's on the hwy......it'll be close to the same cruising range as 3.50's would do with a 31"
:shrug

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think i'm going to have to stick with the 31's for now, had a lead on some 35's for 400, but some bills i wasn't planning for came up, but thats how it goes. I guess i'll run the 31's now, save and do gears, then it'll be set up right for 35's. i'm pretty sure i just want to run 35's for every thing, so might as well do it right and do gears first, then when i get the 35's i can still tow if i want and it you't be a dog.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
8,327 Posts
I agree just get 35 for everything but also regear it, I am regearing mine to 4.10's even with the mild 460 i could tell when it had the 31's vs the 35 on it, not a huge differance but noticable.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks guys for all the advise and experiences. i think i will re gear first, then get some 35's. i don't want to tax the drive train any more than i have to, i want to make it last. on a slightly different note, how tall are the q tires?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.