Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should the o2 sensor be on a 1982 with a 302 and the POS variable venturi electronicly controlled carb?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This may sound like a stupid ? But I am legally blind...
I just got the truck and When I bought it the exhaust was missing from the cat back So I am checking things. Now if the PO removed it or something stupid like that I need to be sure I didn't just miss it when I was checking for it. It isn't on the Y pipe, so where is the damn thing! LOL
Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind I found it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It'll be in '84, when they started using them. ;) The VV carb works off a MAP sensor.
I found it on the pass exhaust manifold. It is a 2 wire o2 sensor. I guess they figure one bank is enough to get the mixture right.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
and while your are at it...how about pics of the complete rig?....according to your info it should be pretty bad ass.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,565 Posts
You may be right, it may not be two-wire. But it's set up like the '79-'80 Crown Vics and Grand Marquis'; the sensor is in the bank 1 manifold.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
If it's bank-fired, it really shouldn't matter whether it's one O2S or two. The two cylinder banks should average out the same, which is the reason that Ford stuck with a single HO2S up until sequential fuel injection.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can get some pics up tomorrow if you all want. I just gutted the interior, I am going to do the intire floor and bed area with Herculiner. The paint is shot. I will be doing the bottom 1/4 of the body with black Herculiner and the top will be Black too. The rest of the body will be red. and the fenders are just cut out. I am running 38"x15" TSL's with no lift. I have to tub the rear to clear the 38's.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am blind and no one wants to go out in the dark and look. The pics were for those who want to see the Bronco. I am at the mercy of others when it comes to some things. Wire color and pics are two of them. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a single black wire...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of the bronco and a video of the same drivetrain and front sus in my truck that got rolled. the truck had 46"x20" Baja Claws.
http://www.box.net/shared/lgq8glbdu5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.