Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!! I'm on ebay ordering random items to tune up my '90 5.8. What's your preferences on a good o2 sensor, oil and transmission pan gaskets, spark plugs, and diff gaskets? I'm ordering Lube Locker diff gaskets as I used those on my XJ back in the day. Also, I might order new ignition stuff too. Any preferences here? Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
First off....Why Ebay for auto parts?
Make Rockauto.com your friend.
Autolite plugs are the way to go on these trucks. You don't need fancy gaskests for your diff's, fel-pro are more than adequate. I like the Ford Racing plug wires at Summit other ignition stuff buy Motorcraft available at rockauto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man!! I haven't ever ordered from RockAuto. Since you gave thema plug-in I'll check them out before I hit eBay.

And thank you for the Autolite recommend. I'll go grab some this afternoon.

Do you think there's a huge advantage to get MSD ignition components on a stock 351?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
NO MSD!!!! Especially the coils!!
Stick with rockauto.com or even Amazon for parts. Explore RA's site, its amazing how much they have available

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Hey all!! I'm on ebay ordering random items to tune up my '90 5.8. What's your preferences on a good o2 sensor, oil and transmission pan gaskets, spark plugs, and diff gaskets? I'm ordering Lube Locker diff gaskets as I used those on my XJ back in the day. Also, I might order new ignition stuff too. Any preferences here? Thanks for the info!
NTK/Bosch, Felpro, Motorcraft copper plugs, Permatex RTV (no gaskets on these diff covers stock). Autolite Pro wires, Stock coil, cap and rotor.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
:thumbupWhy no MSD I'm running the coil and dist and have had no problems???
The MSD Distributors, Caps and Rotors are great. The MSD Coils have less than average dependability. Use the Motorcraft DG470 TFI Coil. Yes, those are Accel 300+ 8.8mm Ferro-Spiral Core Race Wires fitted to the MSD hold down cap. Not everyone needs them but the best I have found.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts