Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

O2 sensor

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  BSS 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 Bronco want to cut off the cats. Does any body make an o2 eliminator for after the cat?

#3 ·
You're not gonna find much help like that around here.

Just put a high flow cat on there... they're pretty cheap now days, and it'll give you all the sound and flow you want, without doing extra hurt to the environment.

#8 ·
im running true duals right now on my 96 with no cats. i may be a red neck ass hole but i dont have emissions testing so im not too worried about it. i am having a buddy of mine build me a chip that will overlook that down-cat sensor as well as shift points and all that. i just wouldnt worry about it if i were you.

#11 · (Edited)
You're not a ******* asshole... you just don't know what you're missing out on.

Put a 3" bassani Y, high flow cat, 3" muffler, and 3" tail pipe on (whether or not you split to duals afterwards doesn't matter), and you'll go :shocked at the amount of power you've been missing out on.

Believe me, I had a little to none-backpressure system for a while, then I put my full exhaust on with a cat and couldn't believe I was such a dumbass for not having done it earlier. Gained about a mile and a half per gallon too.

#12 ·
This is just an offroad vehicle. I already have a Flowmaster Y collector to build my Y pipe & a 1 chamber Flowmaster muffler. Just wanted my truck to run properly. Thats why I wanted to know about the mil eliminator for the O2sensor. Guess I will just by one for a 1996 & newer Mustang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.