Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
952 Posts
Where did you find that rod end coupler?
It came with the compressor. The guy I bought it from removed it from a crate motor. He gave me all the brackets. I did cut the rod ends to make it shorter.

Reactions: Hillbilly Heaven

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
952 Posts
What did you do with the ERG tube?
I made it disappear. Not running one. Going to use a mega squirt ECU so I should be able to tune it out.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,812 Posts
Would you like an air tank full of compressed gas fumes? I understand why you would want to do that but there are fumes that do collect in the air box and the air intake tube.
That's the first I've heard of that, but assuming it's true, wouldn't those same fumes be present in the engine bay and get sucked in directly by a typical filter on the compressor itself?

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
126 Posts
How will you keep the brackets from sliding together on the pump?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
How will you keep the brackets from sliding together on the pump?
He is just usi9ng temporary hardware. Ideally you would use individual bolts on each ear of the compressor. Bolt the brackets to the compressor ears. Then use the top hole of the bracket is the thru bolt for the upper pivot. The lower compressor ears are thru bolted to hold the adjustment link.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
He's all in. He will make mods to it if you want.

·
Registered
86 BKO orig-5.0efi swap to 91 5.8efi w/AOD longtube w/2.5in to 3in hiflo cat 3in hp shorty flomaster
126 Posts
He is just usi9ng temporary hardware. Ideally you would use individual bolts on each ear of the compressor. Bolt the brackets to the compressor ears. Then use the top hole of the bracket is the thru bolt for the upper pivot. The lower compressor ears are thru bolted to hold the adjustment link.
Oh of course looks like im not thinking very far again. :|

Cool enough obout our BMW friend sounds like a winner!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Oh of course looks like im not thinking very far again. :|

Cool enough obout our BMW friend sounds like a winner!
Here you go. FYI I drilled the upper mount hole to 3/8. It comes 5/16 or 8 mm.

Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive tire Gas Bumper
Reflex camera Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera Camera lens Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Nut

Attachments

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Nice pics. I'd feel a lot better about the rigidity of that mount if the top bolt were threaded the whole length so it can receive two jam nuts on the insides of the ears.
It will be fine. I'll be the first to know.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Did you choose not to use the split bushing in the pivot bolt hole? Looking as your last pic there appears to be a small gap between the bracket ears and the mount ears. Using the bushing would prevent that gap. Also it removes the pinch squeeze of the mount ears. You do not want to squeeze the mount ears. It will break them. Try to find a longer pivot bolt even if you have to cut off some threads. It would be better if there was no threads in the bracket ears. The threads will act like saw teeth and eventually make that hole egg shape.

Looks great otherwise. Glad you decided to take up this project. Hopefully others will decide to go this way.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I was going to pick up a sleeve to make it cleaner. Didn't think anyone would notice. I didn't consider the pinch squeeze. Thanks for the heads up. Im grabbing one for the engine side of the turnbuckle as well.

I picked up some of your recommendations.

Wood Rectangle Technology Shipping box Room

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
For those without the capability to make their own adjustable tensioner, I have found these that might be a solution. You can find them at Summit Racing.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Gents- I need to 90 off the compressor discharge and be able to connect to AN PTFE hose. Suggestions for the cleanest connection. All my AN stuff is black so I was trying to keep it in the family. Could I get a 3/8 brass compression ring and screw the 8AN 90 directly? In my mind that seems to be a solution but I'm a rookie at this.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts