Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I dont Have OBA

Votes: 14 56.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious what yall have going on with your OBA. I have checked and redone my system three times and i've gotten it down to where it will drop from 150psi to 10 psi over the course of 5 months....not too bad but it SHOULDNT leak any.......just wondering if i should keep trying it over or what...i dont like things to be half ass, but i've checked EVERY spot with soapy water and i just cant find a leak.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
You probably have seep from something you're not checking... gauge face or something.

Either way, over 5 months? You're nutty if you want it better then that. :rofl:

I have trucks at work that lose 120lbs of air over multiple 8 gallon tanks in three days, and I'm more then satisfied with that. :histerica

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You probably have seep from something you're not checking... gauge face or something.

Either way, over 5 months? You're nutty if you want it better then that. :rofl:

I have trucks at work that lose 120lbs of air over multiple 8 gallon tanks in three days, and I'm more then satisfied with that. :histerica
i was just thinking, my air in my garage doesnt leak...why not on my truck?? haha, but yeah, thats why i started this thread, to make sure it wouldnt be half assing it if i accepted that leak haha:whiteflag

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Mine leaks and I know where, but a pain to get to the fitting so I live with it for now. My tank is in the front bumper behind the license plate.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I found my leak, it's an easy fix. I'm just happy it holds air for a weekend (I figure if I try to fix it, it might turn out worse)

I've got my tanks stuffed into the spare tire area behind my receiver (F-100)

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
it will drop from 150psi to 10 psi over the course of 5 months....
LOL did you actually leave it alone that long? Id be more than satisfied with that kind of leak. Nice thing is, flip a switch and its done. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL did you actually leave it alone that long? Id be more than satisfied with that kind of leak. Nice thing is, flip a switch and its done. :thumbup
yeah, i dont drive the truck much...actually ever, but i still get out to work on it. it doesnt drop any i can tell on my cheapo gauge untill like the 7th day. its easy not to mess with it if i never drive it. I'm saving up to get some tires and then it should be on the road again.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
mine would leak out over night.. it clicks on when I'm driving down the street sometimes, never really bothered me.. just the a/c pump turning to fill it back up.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I'm running a York with a two gallon tank and front and rear hoses, which is to say that there are at least twenty different places that a leak could develop. Mine leaks down from 150 psi down to nothing over the course of about four hours, so by comparison yours is awesomely air tight. I'm not running a check valve on the compressors outlet and I've always wondered if that wouldn't help make mine hold air longer. I've always wanted to plumb in that check valve and a pressure switch with an unloader, but you know how that is. It's hard to give little projects like that priority when you have broken axles!

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I do have to say that I've had a couple ideas that would be pretty cool for my OBA that would require air pressure during normal driving, but frankly they're best not mentioned in a public forum. It doesn't need much air, so I could probably run it off the ARB compressor if I wanted to, which is presumably more air tight. Ask me about it the next time you come over and I'll tell you my probably illegal but very cool idea.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do have to say that I've had a couple ideas that would be pretty cool for my OBA that would require air pressure during normal driving, but frankly they're best not mentioned in a public forum. It doesn't need much air, so I could probably run it off the ARB compressor if I wanted to, which is presumably more air tight. Ask me about it the next time you come over and I'll tell you my probably illegal but very cool idea.
haha, absolutely!! I'm definitely gonna make it by pretty soon...i gotta see how the d60 is comin along.

i hadnt turn my OBA on in 5 months because i have driven or used the truck in that long. When im using the truck, i use the oba.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
If your system holds 150, you should definately be able to find it. You should be able to see the bubbles in the dark. a check valve would help but if you are loosing that little it shouldnt be a big deal. Us plumbers find leaks at 8psi with no problem. I have a storage tank for air shocks that I have to fill with outside air every couple of months and that isnt even worth fixing.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
you have a check valve after the compressor?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts