Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want an OBD-II scanner for my '96 Bronco. At the very least I want to be able to read codes. Ideally, it'd be great to be able to clear codes, but that's a much lower priority that I doubt I'm willing to pay for. Any recommendations for an affordable scanner? I searched, but found very little on the topic.

Thanks!
Tommy

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sewiv said:
Harbor Freight has one for $50.
Any experience with it? Plugging an electrical item from HF into my truck's electrical system gives me the willies! ;)

Tommy

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, I need it to be able to diagnose ABS issues, too.

Tommy

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool! It's on sale for $39 now. I also just found out about the CEL jumper trick detailed in the Haynes manual (reportedly). I'll try that since I won't have chance to get to China Freight until next week sometime.

Thanks for the responses....

Tommy

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is one in the LMC catalog that looks decent. Obviously they chose it because it will work with Ford Trucks and Broncos. It says that it converts the codes into easy to understand English.

My questions is this, "What one do I get not only for my 96 Bronco, but will also work with my wife 2002 Subaru Legcy GT Wagon?"

Saw one used on my wife's car that was made by mac tools (pricey) and it had all this little circuit board "keys" that had to be matched up and put in line with the data cable. I am guessing different keys for different brands.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts