Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a '93 Bronco Custom that had no front bumper. I was wondering if an F-150 bumper from the OBS model years would slip on seamlessly?

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,067 Posts
Don't know what an OBS is but the bumper and brackets from a 92-96 should work

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
125 Posts
From what I have gathered the lingo goes:

Old Body Style, or OBS

My other 2 friends have referred to them as obs trucks for years so its a standard term for us but I'm not sure how truly common or standard it really is.

Don't know what an OBS is but the bumper and brackets from a 92-96 should work

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I read somewhere the brackets are different from the F-150 to the Bronco... But otherwise the bumper is the same. Disregard. I was looking at aftermarket bumpers and they said the F150 bumpers were different from the Bronco bumpers?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a '93 Bronco Custom that had no front bumper. I was wondering if an F-150 bumper from the OBS model years would slip on seamlessly?
You need 92-96 f-150 or 92-98? F-250/350... I forget the body style change for the 3/4 ton 1 Ton... pre 92 (OSB) bumpers have a different frame horn, no crumple zone.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo Isaac728,
Welcome!

●□●
Was speed control, if equipped, recall work completed? Check @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number); or @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or ... have VIN ready. While there, see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

For any Bronco questions or to chat about desired modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members ).

Here is the 1993 Bronco Dealer Brochure in Google Drive @ 93Bronco.pdf

1993 Bronco Dealer Training Video via silver70 @

1993 Bronco, Venezuela Commercial @

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How To Upload Images To Posts & How to Use Search. See more tips!

➡ See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Try to find time to participate in our current Full-Size of the Quarter Contest & later, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
See pictures & build info of each Bronco nominated.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,980 Posts
Bumpers are grouped as follows
80-86 bronco and pickup. Two variations for the rear.

87-91 front bumpers for bronco and pickup. Rear are the same for 87-96/7

92-96 Bronco and F-Series plus 97 HD F250 and all 350. There were no new model f250HD or F350 in 98.

OBS refers mainly to the 92-97 F250 and f350 because of the diesel connection to the superduty crowd. Just means older body style than the superduty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts