Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 XLT 5.0 just got done installing OBX headers. They were a total pain in the ass! Yes they bolt right up if you like only using a wrench. Could not get a socket on half off the bolts due to poor clearance design. Had to use torque bolts to get more dove to tighten down. Found those at lowes.

If they don't stay sealed up going to switch to a different more expensive brand. Just wanted to let you all know since I hadn't read much about them on here.

One positive note they do sound super nasty!!!! Lol but all headers do..

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,842 Posts
how long are the bolts and what gaskets are you using?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used new stock bolts.. well all the short ones out of four packs then I just used the short doubles to mount the grounds, oil tube support..etc. I used the graphite gasket with copper permatex around the exhaust holes on the header side. Put the the bare side of the gasket to the header once the permatex stuck to the headers. We will see how long they last.. I hope they done blow for at least a few months....lol Once they do if they do I'm going to some different alan head header bolts with lock stainless rings.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,842 Posts
run a 1" long bolt, this helps keep them from backing out. Also get Percy's gaskets, they seal extremely well.
Run that motor good for about 500 miles and then retighten the bolts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information! I will sure do that. Once these gasket blow if they do I will switch over to percy's gaskets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts