Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good suggestion from Angelo puts info where it needs to be...

:banghead

So the ride is on ... Saturday the 24th... Right now we are meeting somewhere on Rt. 40 / those coming from the west and Rt.75 and those coming from the east...There are plenty of services on the road so we will find something close to the Rt.40 and Rt.19 intersection which splits the forest and gives us plenty of opportunities for seeing the most ground and going in the most different directions.

I am looking at the first meeting to get some breakfast somewhere quick at between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. That gives the late stragglers an hour to get in with us. We can view the map I have, and I have several copies I made, of the trail system and make a decision as to where we want to go off first.

So far I have me (digger159), ANGELO, 89bronco302, and possibly treader, let's get some more central Florida rollers out. :rockon

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
What Kind of trails are we talking about? As long as I'm not dragging the body through trees and down atv trails or sinking in 3 feet of mud I'm up for anything. I'm Actually about 100 miles north if my map is correct but with gas prices where there are it wouldn't be too bad for me to make the trek down there.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there will be something for everyone...i think overall because everyone is making a good drive, we won't get too nasty, but certainly a decent drive on some moderate trails. i'm the same way about this Florida mud...I drive around the mud pits...too much work scraping that stuff off the bottom of the truck..LOL...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to grab a couple bundles of firewood before I leave town...maybe if a few other guys each grab a couple we will have plenty for the campfire to last thru the night....the nights will be chilly up in Ocala, but should make the sleeping bags feel good. Also, i wanted to make sure most eveyone has a CB so we can keep in touch on the trails...

·
September 15 FOTM
1,484 Posts
I am going to grab a couple bundles of firewood before I leave town...maybe if a few other guys each grab a couple we will have plenty for the campfire to last thru the night....the nights will be chilly up in Ocala, but should make the sleeping bags feel good. Also, i wanted to make sure most eveyone has a CB so we can keep in touch on the trails...
i can bring some fire wood to. i also have a cb

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
I was wondering....... what is this? and is there a gate that is open so you can go check out the old tanks and trucks parked out there.....

looks like a tank to me.....

The Ocala Pond Trail looks to be fun....as long as is not a mud hole.....

·
September 15 FOTM
1,484 Posts
I was wondering....... what is this? and is there a gate that is open so you can go check out the old tanks and trucks parked out there.....

looks like a tank to me.....

The Ocala Pond Trail looks to be fun....as long as is not a mud hole.....

bomb range. i have a snatch strap

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,172 Posts
Can't believe they will let you ride on/near the bomb range...that would make me a little nervous, who knows what kind of un-exploded ordnace is laying around there..

years ago when we went down to Ocala the range was completely off limits you could drive around the perimeter, but if I remember correctly they had patrols out there to keep people away.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Can't believe they will let you ride on/near the bomb range...that would make me a little nervous, who knows what kind of un-exploded ordnace is laying around there..

years ago when we went down to Ocala the range was completely off limits you could drive around the perimeter, but if I remember correctly they had patrols out there to keep people away.
First time I ever wheeled we came across a sign stating that the area was a bomb testing area. No gate, no boundry or anything. Just a sign nailed to a tree.

I have a cb, no antennae though.
Does anyone have recovery gear? Winch? Come-along? straps? I have nothing....
I have a 30ft strap with shackles and hooks. I'll probably have a small arsenal of tools too (because If i have them I won't need them). Somehow I always seem to end up on recovery duty.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have straps, 10,000 lb. come alongs, grappling hooks, tools, etc....we won't leave anybody stuck anywhere...lol...

I think I will leave the route we take up to everyone thats shows up for the ride taking a pole, and the majority wins...I have a detailed map of the Ocala NF, trails etc....at the meeting point we can all take a look at the map and see where we wanna go ride...

If there is an obstacle that you don't want to put your truck thru, I'm sure there will be a way to detour around it and meet the survivors at the end of the trail...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would like to see as many Broncs out there as possible...I was thinking we, the ones who are staying the night, may try and gravitate toward one of the lakes for the camp out...

Here's some more info...everyone coming from the south or west of Ocala coming up 75 then shooting across rt.40 can meet me between 7 and 8 a.m. at the Denny's just outside of Silver Springs, 5751 E. Silver Springs Blvd 34488, then we can grub up, wait for late runners, and continue on to meet at the rt.40/ rt 19 intersection at 9 a.m.

Let's use channel 17 for communication on the cb's...if you're staying for the night try and bring at least one bundle of firewood or so...other then that, when we all get together, we will view my maps and stuff and decide which direction the trails will take us.

Honestly, I don't drive thru mudholes just to get the truck dirty...but I am gonna look for some moderately challenging trails to test the Bronc and see how she's doing...I heard the southeast portion of the forest near the WMA's has some rugged trail rides...we'll see....

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Id like to avoid any serious mud holes personally, I dont want to clean that crap off my new engine. but I dont mind a little, just nothing up to the doors where i have to wash off 500 lbs of dried mud.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I would like to see as many Broncs out there as possible...I was thinking we, the ones who are staying the night, may try and gravitate toward one of the lakes for the camp out...

Here's some more info...everyone coming from the south or west of Ocala coming up 75 then shooting across rt.40 can meet me between 7 and 8 a.m. at the Denny's just outside of Silver Springs, 5751 E. Silver Springs Blvd 34488, then we can grub up, wait for late runners, and continue on to meet at the rt.40/ rt 19 intersection at 9 a.m.

Let's use channel 17 for communication on the cb's...if you're staying for the night try and bring at least one bundle of firewood or so...other then that, when we all get together, we will view my maps and stuff and decide which direction the trails will take us.
Oh that's much closer to me. Like an afternoon stroll in the middle of nowhere.
I wanna see the tank. Just sayin.
Id like to avoid any serious mud holes personally, I dont want to clean that crap off my new engine. but I dont mind a little, just nothing up to the doors where i have to wash off 500 lbs of dried mud.
Why I designate someone other than me as trail leader.
:haha

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
it will be nice to finally meet some of you guys. wife said I can go. I dont have a CB though. But I do have a pair of radios. Maybe I can give one to one of you guys that has a cb and can relay the info to me.

I know right where that Denny's is too. Just up the road from where I got my engine.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts