Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1339 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,148 Posts
im in. if the bronco is under surgery at that point ill bring the f250. but im not taking the f250 to hardrock or jumping it either, that would absoluly be miserable. any weekend works for me as lnog as i know ahead of time

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
I could do sometime mid-late January.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
My Truck is still down, been kinda taking a break and focusing on other things. But I'm down to get out there even if I have to ride with someone or bring one of my toys. I have several ATVs and minibikes now. My gambler car won't be ready by then. I have a 4x4 trailblazer I can bring out as backup but I don't want to wheel it as it has street tires, and low ground clearance. I procrastinate which is why I haven't been on. I just need some advance notice so nothing gets scheduled on those days.

·
Man of endless projects
9,148 Posts
you can always ride with me. if i bring my F250, which i probably will, you dont have to worry about me doing anything too crazy. it performs jsut as good as the bronco if not better but has like 2" of wheel travel so cant do anything fast and crazy. also dont wanna go through those long tight trails, it doesnt have folding mirrors and i dont wanna rip them off

as i said before id defiantly come up to give a hand to rebuild or regear that axle if ya want one day. its time consuming and alot of measuring with a caliper but i find it fun. an install kit is like 80$. you can get a Ford Racing R&P for 170$ if you wanna go 4.10 gears or if you need new 3.55. would also recommend a crush sleeve eliminator since there pretty cheap. with the t-case in neutral, does the pinion have alot of slop spinning the driveshaft by hand? does the flange wobble on the pinion? does the pinion actually go in and out when spun? i can also bring a D50 4.10 front memeber if you wanted to go 4.10

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
you can always ride with me. if i bring my F250, which i probably will, you dont have to worry about me doing anything too crazy. it performs jsut as good as the bronco if not better but has like 2" of wheel travel so cant do anything fast and crazy. also dont wanna go through those long tight trails, it doesnt have folding mirrors and i dont wanna rip them off

as i said before id defiantly come up to give a hand to rebuild or regear that axle if ya want one day. its time consuming and alot of measuring with a caliper but i find it fun. an install kit is like 80$. you can get a Ford Racing R&P for 170$ if you wanna go 4.10 gears or if you need new 3.55. would also recommend a crush sleeve eliminator since there pretty cheap. with the t-case in neutral, does the pinion have alot of slop spinning the driveshaft by hand? does the flange wobble on the pinion? does the pinion actually go in and out when spun? i can also bring a D50 4.10 front memeber if you wanted to go 4.10
what you didnt like that last trail i took us on? lol

so jan 18 and 19th will work for everyone? should i fix my cb? or am i still the only one with a cb

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sundays are a no-go for me due to church, but Saturday the 18th should be good. Just finished my winch install so that'll help if anyone gets stuck.

·
Man of endless projects
9,148 Posts
sundays are kinda half days anyways. so defiantly meet us saturday. unless your close enough to come back after. not sure if Jer will have us go to Hardrock or not. its an intresting experience, bout the only hill climbing in florida. speaking of which does anybody have a plan for when we go? or jsut drive around to different spots? any perfered time or location for meeting up?

what you didnt like that last trail i took us on? lol

so jan 18 and 19th will work for everyone? should i fix my cb? or am i still the only one with a cb
well it was better trhan being stuck in a shallow lake for hours. but i would perfer not going miles though a straight narrow trail of paint screeching trees loud enough to overcome my sound system. if i bring my F250, those mirrors would have been ripped off

i do not have a working CB yet. at some point i was thinking about getting a Cobra 75 WX ST or equivilant. i need something all-in-one but none of them have amazing reviews. if i get bored i might buy an antenna and quickly rig up one of my old 70s CB i have laying around. ScubaSteves CB might work if he fixes his antenna. for RYC i jsut bought a pair of cheap walmart walkie talkies which might be an easier option than CBs

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I think the carrier might be worn out too. Tons of slop in the spider gears and I can see gear oil squeeze out from the center pin. No play in anything,and not much backlash, but the pinion makes a hell of a racket and I got the fine metal shavings. I might bring a minibike. She'll do 25 while navigating most anything we encounter (aside from deep water) and still small enough to fit in the back of a bronco easily. If I do that I have a friend who might want to come.

·
Man of endless projects
9,148 Posts
do you have limited slip? clutches might be heavily worn out causing the side gears to spread apart making slop in the spiders. unless the spiders wedled onto the crosspin, then thats a huge pain. might just need the outter pinion replaced. since the truck is down you should pull it all apart and see whats bad. if its jsut the outter then a new crush sleeve, outter, and seal and your good. just a bear to crush that sleeve, pretty much need a ratcheting breaker bar and a good cheater bar on it.

that minibike have suspension? might get old real fast if its one without suspension. there not as fun as it sound when your offroad destroying yuor back

1281 - 1300 of 1339 Posts