Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1331 Posts

·
September 15 FOTM
1,454 Posts
Sundays are a no-go for me due to church, but Saturday the 18th should be good. Just finished my winch install so that'll help if anyone gets stuck.
Just Saturday would be fine, we usually camp somwhere then ride for a couple hours then go home on sunday.
Winch would have been nice last year.. we were stuck in a lake for like 4 hours. Casey had to drive me like a hour away to get my truck that was pulling the trailer to winch james and i out.
sundays are kinda half days anyways. so defiantly meet us saturday. unless your close enough to come back after. not sure if Jer will have us go to Hardrock or not. its an intresting experience, bout the only hill climbing in florida. speaking of which does anybody have a plan for when we go? or jsut drive around to different spots? any perfered time or location for meeting up?

well it was better trhan being stuck in a shallow lake for hours. but i would perfer not going miles though a straight narrow trail of paint screeching trees loud enough to overcome my sound system. if i bring my F250, those mirrors would have been ripped off

i do not have a working CB yet. at some point i was thinking about getting a Cobra 75 WX ST or equivilant. i need something all-in-one but none of them have amazing reviews. if i get bored i might buy an antenna and quickly rig up one of my old 70s CB i have laying around. ScubaSteves CB might work if he fixes his antenna. for RYC i jsut bought a pair of cheap walmart walkie talkies which might be an easier option than CBs
I dont have a plan. Might try asking on fb to see if we can find new spots.
My dad wants to take his truck, so definitely avoiding tight trails.
I really like my cobra 29 ltd classic. They arent to expensive either. Just dont get one of the suoer cheap ones.
Yeah, It's limited slip. No Idea if its just the outer pinion or both. Front suspension on both. We took them to osceola for tests and ran them on a rallycross course.

https://youtu.be/TjxERQFD7D8
You weren't the guy they made stickers of right? Lol

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts

still plan on going but defiantly not taking the bronco. tried to do some offroading for newyears and did not go as planned. believe i had a lifter failure that in the end resulted in a valve hitting a piston. also a broken cam or timing chain. so that truck will be down for awhile till i can rebuild the engine. was planning to at some pint but was hoping a few more months.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the ride. I have a church function the morning of the 18th. Oh well, maybe later in the year.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,454 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the ride. I have a church function the morning of the 18th. Oh well, maybe later in the year.
Id like to go to ocala a couple times this year.

everyone else still down?

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
what if we go again in a month or 2 while its still cooler? anybody wanna go in Feb or March?
did some offroading in my F250 tonght last second. it did very good, got alot of peoples attention, should be fine for ocala. defiantly a bit of work getting though tighter trails however. but able to keep up with 4wheelers in most cases

·
September 15 FOTM
1,454 Posts
what if we go again in a month or 2 while its still cooler? anybody wanna go in Feb or March?
did some offroading in my F250 tonght last second. it did very good, got alot of peoples attention, should be fine for ocala. defiantly a bit of work getting though tighter trails however. but able to keep up with 4wheelers in most cases
Unless the guys from Jacksonville are still coming, you want to just go to the green swamp/richlam?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Richloam/Green Swamp are just up the road from me. Could also do Citrus on the right weekend. Hoping it will cool down, but things aren't looking too promising.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Gambler isn't gonna be ready, I just had a shitshow thrown at me. Gonna Bring toys, probably mini bikes since they're easy to load. I also have a friend that may go too if you guys don't mind an extra passenger when we aren't riding. We planning on camping and freezing our nuts off again?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
think you might be able to join us after your church stuff on either sat or sunday?
Probably not. Saturday is a work day to do repairs and other projects. They generally usually runs past mid-day. By the time I got home and drove up there, it would be well into the afternoon hours. Sunday is pretty much an all day thing with services in the morning and evening.

It would be better to have a whole day free of any other obligations. That way I can dedicate it to the ride.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,454 Posts
@jermil01 you still coming?
Richloam/Green Swamp are just up the road from me. Could also do Citrus on the right weekend. Hoping it will cool down, but things aren't looking too promising.
where are you? i usually go to citrus. ive been to richloam/green swamp once with my f250 and i was stuck within 5 min. ive been wanting to take the bronco their and check it out ever since

id like to still camp. doesnt look like it will be cold though.
kinda want to do richolam/rancho, but ocala would be fine

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
@pfun41 think you guys would be willing to drive to greenswamp? its defiantly a bit more of a drive for you. never been to greenswamp, not sure how a minibike will do. also not sure how wet rancho is currently, it can either be really fun or unrideable. but same can be said about ocala if its flooded or a desert.

can camp at rancho but might occasionally have other people riding past camp, always people there. hopkins prairie is always cool to camp, kinda tradition now. dont think we would do hardrock in ocala

@WhoisScubaSteve what are your thoughts? ocala or greenswamp/rancho? any reports on conditions of rancho?

@jermil01 havent heard from you in awhile. you have any intentions of doing anything?

were kinda running out of time for planning. need decisions

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
where are you? i usually go to citrus. ive been to richloam/green swamp once with my f250 and i was stuck within 5 min. ive been wanting to take the bronco their and check it out ever since
North Polk County, not too far from Green Swamp/Richloam/Rancho, etc.

There's several campgrounds in Richloam if you wanted to camp when we do a ride later on.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,454 Posts
@pfun41 think you guys would be willing to drive to greenswamp? its defiantly a bit more of a drive for you. never been to greenswamp, not sure how a minibike will do. also not sure how wet rancho is currently, it can either be really fun or unrideable. but same can be said about ocala if its flooded or a desert.

can camp at rancho but might occasionally have other people riding past camp, always people there. hopkins prairie is always cool to camp, kinda tradition now. dont think we would do hardrock in ocala

@WhoisScubaSteve what are your thoughts? ocala or greenswamp/rancho? any reports on conditions of rancho?

@jermil01 havent heard from you in awhile. you have any intentions of doing anything?

were kinda running out of time for planning. need decisions
it hasnt really been raining so ocalas probably pretty dry. i would think s place that has swamp in the name should have some water.

North Polk County, not too far from Green Swamp/Richloam/Rancho, etc.

There's several campgrounds in Richloam if you wanted to camp when we do a ride later on.
sucks this new layout doesnt have locations.
im in bradenton, and kingfish is in palm harbor. richolam/greenswamp, and citrus isnt to far away for us.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Mini bikes don't like water too much, and TBH our atvs aren't set up for deep water either. Part of me wants to try the mini bikes at hard rock. Greenswamp is 2.5 hours away from us. Shits getting crazy around here but I've made it clear I'm gone saturday and part of sunday. When's the next redneck yacht club? I might make the drive for that now that I have the trailblazer.

1301 - 1320 of 1331 Posts