Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1321 - 1331 of 1331 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
idk if they allow minibikes at hardrock. probably just dirtbikes in that one area. you might call and see

i dont really want deep water either since im in my F250. no lift and 33" ATs, only thing it really has going is frotn/rear LS and power. ill go through some decent pudddles, i have at Rancho, but nothing crazy. scubasteve doesnt like deep water.

RYC is twice a year. spring break event is march 19-22. think Angelo was planning on going, not sure if i am i kinda wanna go somewhere different. they require 4 wheels or more

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
I've been super busy on weekends and really haven't had much time..You guys go ahead and make plans..If I can get free I'll try to make it.

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
alright lets make a vote. who wants to go to ocala? and who wants to go to greenswamp/rancho?

either is fine with me. greenswamp/rancho is closer to me so i kinda perfer it. but ocala is probably more scenic and less people. if ocala is dry it is kinda boring as we saw last time. but if greenswamp/rancho is wet then it might not be as fun, but it could also be more fun. i know ocala is probably closer you pfun and jer. greenswamp is also closer to me, angleo and scubasteve. in the end i lean more to greenswamp but either would be fine

ocala is two n half hours away from me and greenswamp is one n half hours away.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I try to avoid Rancho. Too much crazy/illegal stuff going on out there. I've never been up to Ocala, but have wheeled Richloam, Green Swamp, and Citrus. Richloam can be mild to wild depending on where you go.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Hope you guys have fun. I'd love to be there, but it is just too far and not a good time either. I have a thousand mods and upgrades, with most of the parts already purchased, just no time to do them or the willingness to part with the money for someone else to do them. :)

Anyway, have fun.
tim

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
defiantly had fun. too bad it was just the 3 of us Angelo, Pfun and I again for the second time. Angelo in his bronco, me in my F250 and pfun in a minibike. we did get stuck a few times but nothing too crazy, only needed to use my winch once. dont think we really broke anything tho angelo did have to do an emergency oil change within the first hour. i think we all took mostly videos so it might be awhile for any to be posted. only pics i took were accidental when trying to take a movie and it might relate to why we had to change his oil. the minibike did really good tho couple small issues with water in the airfilter and throttle sticking. i think my f250 did great keeping up with the bronco considering hes on 37x14.5 MT and im on 33x12.5 AT. the front and rear limited slips help alot

either way it was defiantly a fun trip. we only got to explore a small area Richloam. if anyone who really knew the area was with us it would be better. we just explored using googlemaps and found plenty of stuff but im sure theres better areas. i think the weather was perfect not being hot or cold and a very nice day. there were alot of hunters around however. would defiantly like to go back.

bottom of my truck being low was absolutely caked. on my way home i stopped by a local spot and drove through the water a few times to help clean under it. also i probably had too much fun in the dune areas that i should not have done. some people got videos of me there but i dont think ill ever see them. by time i got home i didnt even have the energy to clean or even unload it. ill leave that for next week lol

·
Man of endless projects
8,875 Posts
had like 3 hours of video i cut into about 20 minutes real quick. i guess i need to get a new gopro, the quality just isn't super amazing on this Hero3+. alot of video i deleted because the quality was really bad. also maybe a few others so i can mount them at different angles at same time instad of holding it in my hand getting the angles i need. didnt get as many videos of the minibike as i wanted, he stayed behind us most the time. Angelo stayed jsut far enough ahread that the videos came out like crap so most got trashed.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Thanks for the video!!! Looks like you guys had a good time.

Typical Richloam terrain, some deep holes and very soft/slick mud in some sections, but mostly pretty solid. As you found out, a mostly stock rig can navigate a lot of it, especially with traction aids (L/S, lockers). One of the nice things about this area is the size. It's so big that you can spend several days out there and still not see all of it.

Hunting season is just about over. Now is the time to go though. Spring and summer bring those nasty mosquitos.

1321 - 1331 of 1331 Posts