Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to try to describe this the best way I can. I’m doing this on my iPhone which has a really small screen so please bear with me. Sometimes, not always, when I brake I get this violent shaking from the rear end of the bronco and it feels like the whole things about to come apart. It feels like the back wheels are bouncing but I don’t think they are. I’ve removed my rear wheels and taken the drums off probably 10 times, and it looks like everything‘s where it is supposed to be. I’ve been fighting this for about six months. I’ve bled my brakes over and over. Same with adjusting them. I’ve got no idea what to do next. Sometimes when I’m braking I can feel the situation coming on and I can give my brakes a little pump and avoid the violent shaking. When the shaking happens, it feels like the whole rear end is about to fall out of the truck . One thing I discovered was that my left rear brake wasn’t getting good fluid flow so I replaced brake lines and the hose going to that wheel, Which fix the brake fluid flow problem

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
check your wheel studs, nuts, and the holes in the rim. could be a bad pad, or out of balance drum hat.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,900 Posts
I would check your suspension also. Make sure you don't have anything broken which is allowing too much movement which would amplify any problems under the truck.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,470 Posts
Shaking of the truck or is your ABS constantly kicking in?

If your ABS is kicking in at all times, then you have either broken teeth on one of your tone rings or missing tone rings on the front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaking of the truck or is your ABS constantly kicking in?

If your ABS is kicking in at all times, then you have either broken teeth on one of your tone rings or missing tone rings on the front.
No it’s definitely a violent shaking coming from the rear end. It feels like a wheel is bouncing back there. I’m going to have a good close look at the suspension I. I don’t see anything obvious but I’m gonna look it over really well

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'm less familiar with the ABS setups but could you proportioning valve have taken a dump and is causing incipient wheel lockup?

·
Premium Member
93 XLT 347, GT40 Heads, Bassani headers/exhaust, E4OD
1,761 Posts
Does the vibration feel like it's coming from one side or the other? If it feels like it's the entire rear end, I would suspect brakes/ABS as well.

Easy to isolate, pull the ABS fuses (#2, #8 and relay #5) under the hood and see if that eliminates the problem.

Reactions: NYFSB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the vibration feel like it's coming from one side or the other? If it feels like it's the entire rear end, I would suspect brakes/ABS as well.

Easy to isolate, pull the ABS fuses (#2, #8 and relay #5) under the hood and see if that eliminates the problem.

I am going to try that right now. Thanks everybody for iyour nput

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I’ve tried everything you guys suggested and I still have the issue with the violent shaking when I brake. If I get on my brakes and feel the shaking and have time to let off and get back on them it usually goes away. I really want this bronco to be my daily driver, but this brake issue is driving me nuts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts