Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago I noticed it took a little longer to start my Bronco if it's sitting on an incline. At the same time that started happening I noticed a little gas smell when sitting at lights or slowing down to turn. The hard start isn't too drastic as I park on the same hill every night and it's only happened a few times but the gas smell makes me a little nervous especially with a few long trips in my near future. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe a vacuum or something but I'm just taking shots in the dark.

Thanks,
Madb:maddery
'95 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.0

·
Registered
8,491 Posts
Could have a bad fuel filter. Its not a bad idea to check all your vacuum lines. Not sure about your gas smell. Look around all your fuel lines to see if it is wet anywhere, could have a slow leak .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll look around and see what I can find. Since they both started happening the same day I'm thinking they're probably caused by the same issue but I just can't think of exactly what would cause both those symptoms.

·
I see Broncos
6,199 Posts
Check your evaporative controls (Lines comming from the carcoal container) I was experiancing something similar and it turned out the line going to the the throttle body had rotted off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same thing was happening to me and my fuel line was leaking where it connects to the pump on top of the tank...when I took the line off I saw the o ring was shot so I replaced that and no more gas stink and she starts immediately. I would start her up, set the e brake and get under there with a flashlight and see if thats your issue. Also check fuel filter connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.