Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I did a trip to Moab mid-October for about 3 days with a friend of mine. I took my wife and scared the hell out of her on Hells Gate when I did not navigate it quite right. Here is a still shot at the peak of excitement. I got my adrenaline going, but I stayed calm and knew pretty sure I was not going over, but it was exciting none the less, and my 4 passengers had to clean out their shorts when we got done.

Good times.
I finally won over my friend to sell his Rubicon JK and buy a FSB. I let him drive mine on Poison Spider and when he gave it back he had made up his mind to convert.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did Rose Garden Hill this trip. Man that is a very sketchy run up the hill. The last 2 or 3 hundred feet are really difficult. I put a little rock damage on my left rear quarter right below my tail light when I slid into a rock out crop trying to navigate a steep ledge. It was a good thing I had a winch or I would still be there in that spot. It is hard to find a rock strong enough to use as a anchor point for a pull. I tried 3 different rocks, there are no trees, and it was the third rock I used that got me out. The rock was nearly as big as my truck, but I was still moving it when I winched, luckily it held enough that I got out. One ledge was at least 3 feet high and I made it up without a winch. My friend ended up getting high centered on it with his Rubicon and we had to winch him up. It was a fun run, but sketchy on the hill for sure. i don't have a ton on pics, but will post up what I have. I can't wait until Bronco Safari again this may, I will be spending a whole week this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts