Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon a time, I considered the 4BT swap and I even looked at the ZF swap, but now I just want an OD in my C6. What options to do I really have? How about the E4OD? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you do an E4OD you will need one with the blig block blot pattern. I am not ever sure If the 400 and 460 have the same pattern.

Also you will probably have to get a kit from Lokar because the E4OD is a computer controlled trans.

It would be eaiser to do a 351w and AOD swap. But the AOD needs to be beefed up if you plan to do serious off roading or snatching.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Has anyone actually successfully put an E4OD behind a m-block? I am thinking it would require a crank spacer to get the torque converter to align correctly? Any thoughts?

I know there are interference problems with the e4od and the 205 transfer case front drive shaft CV....

FWIW, if you consider the cost of the trans, controller, driveshafts, etc. I think you will find it cheaper, easier, and better to swap a complete 460 efi/e4od/1356 drivetrain.

·
Registered
837 Posts
:doh0715: I didn't even think or a 460EFI/E4OD/1356 swap. Just need a complete donor truck

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
The 205 and e4 have issues.

Baumann makes a controller.

I am hoping to do this over the next year or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts