Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I have this...



I don't need this...



So what replaces the OD button on manual Bronco's?

James
 

·
Dead Horse
Joined
·
5,931 Posts
what tranny did u have? ive never seen a OD button in the dash?

oh, and i think just a regular plastic cover is there on manual versions, thats how it is on my dads 1990 f-150, but he has the aod with p-n-od-d-2-1 on the columns
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It used to have that well loved E4OD.

I'm wondering about it since I haven't seen any manual F-150/Bronco's in the u-pull it yards.

James
 

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
Joined
·
611 Posts
If what I think see on the shifter knob is right, you have a manual transmission with overdrive in the far right ans up position. The button is useless, it was there to enable/disable OD on the Auto Trany.
 

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
Joined
·
7,001 Posts
jb77714 said:
what tranny did u have? ive never seen a OD button in the dash?

oh, and i think just a regular plastic cover is there on manual versions, thats how it is on my dads 1990 f-150, but he has the aod with p-n-od-d-2-1 on the columns
The E4OD didn't have the button on the shifter till 92. From the start of the E4OD till then it was on the dash.

Sweet job on the manual swap too. I have a cubby there on the 88.



Adrianspeeder
 

·
Dead Horse
Joined
·
5,931 Posts
1990 Ford Bronco said:
It used to have that well loved E4OD.

I'm wondering about it since I haven't seen any manual F-150/Bronco's in the u-pull it yards.

James
never seen a e4od with the button in the dash
ill take a pic of my dads dash if u need it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seabronc said:
If what I think see on the shifter knob is right, you have a manual transmission with overdrive in the far right ans up position. The button is useless, it was there to enable/disable OD on the Auto Trany.
Um, yea I kinda new that. :wacko

I'm just wondering what goes in that spot so I can remove the un-needed OD button since I have a ZF 5speed now.

James
 

·
Designated Tranny Killer
Joined
·
6,958 Posts
how hard was the manny swap
 

·
Dead Horse
Joined
·
5,931 Posts
sorry for the quality, couldnt get my hands on my parents camera, so i had to use my sucky one



it looks like its a little bigger than the slot in yours, but all it is is a holder of some sort, to put stuff in, with a change holder on top
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you grab everything from the donor vehicle, it isn't that hard. Everything bolted up, no fabrication needed. Three items I bought new (aside from clutch and pressure plate) were the clutch mc, clutch line, and slave cylinder. I even found the adapter harness needed to plug in that only allows the truck to start with the clutch pedel pressed in.

Thanks for the info on the dash guys, now if I can find a manual truck/Bronco in the yard I'll know what to look for.

James
 

·
Surrounded by Assholes
Joined
·
2,879 Posts
1990 Ford Bronco said:
Um, yea I kinda new that. :wacko

I'm just wondering what goes in that spot so I can remove the un-needed OD button since I have a ZF 5speed now.

James
Wire your lights into it. Put a gauge in there. Put a compass in it. Switches for neon lights, disco ball, or hydraulics. Put whatever the hell you want in it.:shrug


BTW....nice clean manuel swap.
 

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
Joined
·
611 Posts
1990 Ford Bronco said:
Um, yea I kinda new that. :wacko

I'm just wondering what goes in that spot so I can remove the un-needed OD button since I have a ZF 5speed now.

James
:duh , yah. Guess I missread your post :smokin:
 

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
Joined
·
512 Posts
Could put a cup holder in front of it for a cold refreshing beer!:toothless
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top