Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. My 95 XLT OD light is flashing and speedometer and miledge is all off. Shifting very rough as well. I did some research on here and some people said to change the #18 fuse. I pulled it out, and sure enough it was blown. Went to put in a new one and it blew immediately. Any suggestions on where to turn next?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you need to go to the junction here and disconnect system by system to find your short. (that one on the right with the 7 wires out of it)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you need to go to the junction here and disconnect system by system to find your short. (that one on the right with the 7 wires out of it)
View attachment 171401
Thank you!
View attachment 171401
I really appreciate the help! I’m a newbie with this Bronco. Just got it a few weeks ago. Can you tell me where to go to disconnect these systems?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ah, now that I can't, all my stuff is older. But you could start by checking at the fuse box, they could all be connected right there. But there could as well be a junction box or terminal mounted on the firewall or fender, or up under the dash. I know on some of the factory split wires they'll have one wire into a plug and the plug functions as a junction, sending power out on 2 or more wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the culprit. It was the airbag control module. I unplugged it and everything is working again. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts